Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange veg.varieties

Options
  • 19-05-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

hello, i'm new to gardening but have recently acquired an allotment in clonsilla. the thing is, some of the veg. seeds that i bought are new to me. ie.SCORZONERA,CELERIC, KOHL RABI AND CHINESE CABAGE. I'm planting a 5 year crop rotation so i want to keep the veg. in the respective groups, P.L.B.O.R. Could any one out there please tell me wht group these veg. belong to. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Scorzonera and Celeriac are roots, Chinese cabbage is a brassica and I think Kohl Rabi is also a brassica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

thats great Minder, its off to the allotment i go. if it stops raining. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

if in doubt google is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

anyone know anything about planting rice because this is what I'll be planting if it doesn't stop raining:mad:.

Advertisement