Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Architects cert for conservatory

• 19-05-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭

Just wondering can anyone help i am in the middle of selling my house the couple who are buying it there bank is looking for a Architects cert for my conservatory.

I bought the conservatory out of B & Q one of those self build ones and two builders i know put it up for me it is 10ft by 12t. Does anybody know if i am required to provide this, how i go about doing this i.e can any recommend any architect who can do it for me and how much it will cost.

I have asked my solictor and he has said to go a head and get it i live i balbriggan if any one could help i would be greatful thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

your solicitor should know someone . failing that call RIAI

The Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland,
    8 Merrion Square,
    Dublin 2,
    Ireland.

Tel. + 353 (0)1 676 1703
    Fax + 353 (0)1 661 0948

e-mail: info@riai.ie
    web: www.riai.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its a buyers market and the bank knows it and is taking the [EMAIL="P@ss"]P@ss[/EMAIL]. It will cost you to get it and the architect may not rec if its not finished correctly. Tell the couple you dont have one and see what they come back with from the bank.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Its a buyers market and the bank knows it and is taking the P@ss. It will cost you to get it and the architect may not rec if its not finished correctly. Tell the couple you dont have one and see what they come back with from the bank.

Bad advice. That could cost the OP the sale....

When selling the solicitors for the purchaser needs to know that all planning permissions are in place, or, where extensions are built without planning, that they are exempt from planning.

This is achieved by means of a cert of compliance (if planning was required) and a cert of exemption (if planning wasn't required).

This is a very common scenario and is to be considered proper practise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Bad advice. That could cost the OP the sale....

When selling the solicitors for the purchaser needs to know that all planning permissions are in place, or, where extensions are built without planning, that they are exempt from planning.

This is achieved by means of a cert of compliance (if planning was required) and a cert of exemption (if planning wasn't required).

This is a very common scenario and is to be considered proper practise.

i agree its not solid advice but doubt it will cost the sale. It will give them the chance to see how determined the couple are at buying.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just a heads up before the OP goes ringing around - I appreciate a little aside from the original question, but could help the OP.

Could the OP describe the conservatory, e.g. is it glazed on three sides and how far it is approx. on each side from the boundary walls.

The reason I ask is that I have seen numerous examples of conservatories built, both by 'professional' conservatory companies and as DIY jobs, with glazing less than 1.0m from a boundary wall. If there is glass/windows (no matter how high) less than 1.0m from a boundary wall, it needs planning permission. I have had to decline to prepare an opinion on compliance for this situation a number of times.

• Advertisement

i agree its not solid advice but doubt it will cost the sale. It will give them the chance to see how determined the couple are at buying.

Dream on . don't you read / watch TV ?

OP listen to the correct advice please

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Just a heads up before the OP goes ringing around - I appreciate a little aside from the original question, but could help the OP..

Indeed .

Not to mention the small matter of escape in case of fire - does your galzed roof ( if it is galzed - not always the case ) foul the b regs required access to / from bedroom windows located over head ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sinnerboy wrote: »
    Indeed .

Not to mention the small matter of escape in case of fire - does your galzed roof ( if it is galzed - not always the case ) foul the b regs required access to / from bedroom windows located over head ?

Indeed, indeed. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

joey....

its a buyers market out there, the last thing you want to do is antagonise a prospective purchaser...

Advertisement