Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Book Readers

Options
  • 19-05-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi all
    Just really looking for some advice on digital book readers, i dont know anything about them but was thinking of getting one for my wife. i have heard of the sony, but my wife mentioned a microsoft (i think) version that connects to your wifi and allows you to download new books from home??? also what sort of money are they making?

any advice would be appreciated

Der.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Kindle

That one? They've just released the DX one at the start of the month.
    I don't *think* they're on sale in Europe though? I have no idea if the builtin Wireless 3G works over here?

I wouldn't mind a DX meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

Ya id say that the 1, looks the job. i think she seen it on oprah or some other american show. she may wait if she wants that 1. thanks for the help.
    anyone have the sony? whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There's a thread in the literature forum as well which may be of use. I'm looking into one as well, but they seem very expensive for what you get. I'd look into what devices support what formats (PDF etc) and if there are any DRM factors to consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The_Edge wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Kindle

That one? They've just released the DX one at the start of the month.
    I don't *think* they're on sale in Europe though? I have no idea if the builtin Wireless 3G works over here?

I wouldn't mind a DX meself.
    Its not. The 3G is EVDO based, which is imcompatible with the standard used here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Well that answers that then! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement