Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you saw today that made you...laugh/cry/despair

Options
  • 19-05-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Was in tesco last night, packed as usual since the price cuts. found myself at a checkout with an older lady serving and there was a big queue behind me. she proceeded to take every item from my basket and before ringing it through asked me; are they nice? what would you do with them? are there any left down there? and then picked up the mag i had bought and proceeded to flick through it before asking me what i thought of the state of peter and katies marriage ! 10 items and 3 hours later !!!!!!!!!!!! it was very funny..................though not for the the 35 people behind me who no doubt went through the same process. Thank god i wasn't buying 'lady' products..............now how would you use them ???:P Theres nowt as queer as folk !

sometimes things happen and you keep expecting jeremy beadle to jump out !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Ah Bless:)! I was in Tesco in the Long Walk shopping centre recently. I was just after paying for my few bits when i looked down the belt and there was no bag which I'd paid for. It turned there were a couple of foreign speaking lads who may have lifted my bag if she'd thrown in on top of their shopping. I told her what had happened and she just shrugged and said 'not my problem'. I was mad. I know it was only 22c but ffs where's her customer service manner?!! I had to go to the hassle of rummaging through my bag for my purse again and me in a hurry.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

not that this is a thread about tesco, but since the new offers started my friend was in getting a few things, not too much and when it was rang in she did think it was a little bit dear, but didn't check the receipt til she got home. she'd bought mars ice cream on offer at 2 euro and what did they charge?//////////// 20.00 quid ! so she went back in to customer service and your one didn't even flinch..............ah yeah you were charged 20 euro, thats happened to everyone!!!!!!!!! no apology, no rush to change the price to the right one ! customer service at its best. how many people bought them at that price and never noticed. is this the way theyre recouping there losses. check al receipts people !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

In their defence on overpricing...I was in Tesco hardware in the old shopping centre about 8mths ago buying a big lorry type child's toy. I was overcharged by about €2 at the till. A lovely man working there(not at the till) overheard and came over to me. He said 'do you know your rights?' I said 'eh.....is it that you're entitled to only pay the price that's marked on the product?' (which is law I think)..He said 'nope, it's Tesco's policy to give a full refund along with the product if you're overcharged'...I was skeptical but lo and behold...I got the toy for nothing..It was about €20. I was ecstatic. The girl at the till wasn't going to say it to me though. The man told me afterwards that there are people who go around full time checking prices and scanning them in on those price checker things to find overpriced goods, just to get them free. I noticed on a few occasions the checker in that particular branch is unplugged, i'm not surprised. Nuisance that....you have to queue for half an hour to find out how much stuff is.

Advertisement