Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Beach

• 19-05-2009 2:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Was in Ballybunion, Co Kerry last friday evening. I only managed about one hour out while the rain stopped! Hopefully I'll get to head back when the weather is better!

7D88F8AD75034E648E2E2A1A32C4E9D8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Very, very nice. I'd much rather be there now... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Absolutely class shot as usual....The angle you have taken it from and the reflection in the sand is fantastic...

Is it HDR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

+1
    Very nice, as usual Ballyman ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

This is a fantaculastic shot.... Im interested to know what processing you used?

The scenery itself is very striking , did you selectively saturate some parts and added contrast? Its a very cool looking pic , well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I'll let you into a little secret........I don't know how to selectively saturate anything!! I'm not able to use Photoshop properly to be honest and only use it to put borders around the pics :eek:. I find it too complicated as I started out with Lightroom and thats a doddle compared to the complications of Photoshop.

All I did was get drenched, increase saturation slightly, warmed it up a little with a custom white balance and added a bit of contrast and bingo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Aye , well you definitely bingulated the **** out of that pic my good man !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Great low angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Superb Ballyman,..... l feel a beach joke coming on.

3 blondes stranded on a deserted island,
    one of them finds a lamp on the beach.

She picks it up and gives it a little rub and a genie pops out.
    He say's, I will grant you one wish each."

#1 blonde is sick and tired of being on the beach, so she wishes to go back home. POOF!! She disappears.

#2 is also tired of the beach, and wishes to go home. POOF!! She too disappears.

The genie then turns to the last blonde and asks her, 'what is your wish . "Gosh," she says," I'm awfully lonely by myself. I wish my friends were still here ..."

Well maybe it's more of a Blonde joke!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Tis a beaut alright. Did your tripod not sink into the wet sand though?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

daycent wrote: »
    Did your tripod not sink into the wet sand though?:confused:

Sure did! An awful pain cleaning it afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

Thats a fantastic photo, ultra sharp :D

Advertisement