Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Box / Parcel Box

• 19-05-2009 2:42pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I do a lot of my buying online and therefore have a lot of parcels and packages coming to the house. I work all day so I usually come home to the little slip that tells me to pick up the parcel in the sorting office. Now I don't mind doing this, it's on my way home from work, but it must be a pain in the ass for the postman filling in the form, he must curse me!

Is there any kind of parcel box I can attach to the outside of the house that would be secure?

It's not a big deal but it would be less hassle for all involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Sorry for digging up an ancient thread but it's the only one I found via the search function.

Postman said the same thing to me today, but hadn't any details on where to find them. The local sorting office had previously told me that they wouldn't allow one that needed the postman to have a key - I can understand that, bit of a pain if a lot of people did it - but that's all the info they could give me.

Anyone out there have a parcel box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Why dont you tell the postman to put parcels in your garden shed and give him a score at christmas. You can leave the gate key in a agreed place.

Seems an easier solution to me,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

You could use anything from a wheelie bin to a PVC coal bunker, the latter being easier to lock, or if the post office would rather not deal with keys, just leave the pad lock open, and the postman can then just snap it shut

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

My mate's a Postman and never brings parcels out of the depot he writes all off his dib's (docket in box notification) before he leaves in the morning and sticks it through peoples letterbox's to collect at the sorting office.

I called him a lazy bar steward but he pointed out they could end up carting heaps of packages around because nobody is usually home. He does though as suggested put some peoples packages in agreed locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If you wanted something secure you could get something made up like the clothing banks that are around the country only on a smaller scale. With a door that will only allow entry of items and not removal. You can then remove with a key on the big door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Why not have a box with a padlock on it, but leave the padlock unlocked?

Or something like this.

http://www.ukwaterfeatures.com/Shop/p-2480-Parcel-Safe-Lockable-Post-Box-.html

Advertisement