Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.YOUTUBE.COM - meteor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

I can't for the life of me get streaming on Youtube or the radio streaming site Moodio on Meteor whether the 3G symbol is on or not.

Using the Sony Ericsson w995. Been onto Meteor lots of times and gotten the settings sent out again and again to no avail.
    Tried all bar the MMS option eg Meteor Data, WAP & Streaming under Connectivity>Streaming but all lead to "Failed to Connect to Media Server" when clicking on a video or audio link.

They work perfectly over WIFI when at home though.
    Thinking of dumping Meteor to go with 3 over this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Emerson wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me get streaming on Youtube or the radio streaming site Moodio on Meteor whether the 3G symbol is on or not.

Using the Sony Ericsson w995. Been onto Meteor lots of times and gotten the settings sent out again and again to no avail.
    Tried all bar the MMS option eg Meteor Data, WAP & Streaming under Connectivity>Streaming but all lead to "Failed to Connect to Media Server" when clicking on a video or audio link.

They work perfectly over WIFI when at home though.
    Thinking of dumping Meteor to go with 3 over this..

Both of those sites work for me,moodio even works well over GPRS if you turn the bit-rate down. Just make sure in the settings proxy is turned off and the apn is either data.mymeteor.ie or wap.mymeteor.ie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Ive moved to 3 from meteor 1gig for 10euro . Much better and cheaper

Under streaming settings, APN = data.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy = off
    Username = my
    Password = wap
    Authentication = PAP
    Data & Header compression = On

"Failed to connect to Media Server"

Turned bitrate right down to 12kbps and still no joy!

Nowso.. that's my thinking.. Meteor help staff cannot solve the issue.
    In south Dublin, urban area. Should work.

Plus I'll get that 10 euro per month back in bonus credit anyway. Will miss my free meteor-meteor calls but can always move back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Nowso.. that's my thinking.. Meteor help staff cannot solve the issue.
    In south Dublin, urban area. Should work.

Plus I'll get that 10 euro per month back in bonus credit anyway. Will miss my free meteor-meteor calls but can always move back.

IIRC there is a bug in certain SE Ericsson handsets when it comes to streaming .... disable the proxy for your browser as well as the streaming client and see if that works (or simply set the Data APN to be used for Browsing as well as Streaming).

Its with nokias also Meteor have stoped it. The companys are bringing in Stealth charges on data and or limited the service.

Emerson you could keep your meteor for calls etc. And get a 3phone for Browsing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Nowso wrote: »
    Its with nokias also Meteor have stoped it. The companys are bringing in Stealth charges on data and or limited the service.

Emerson you could keep your meteor for calls etc. And get a 3phone for Browsing etc

It works fine for me. There is a known issue with certain Sony Ericsson phones - as said above, not sure what the problem is with Nokias.

Yesterday I bought a 3pay sim.. Works like a dream! Online radio from all over the world in stereo on the bus with virtually no skipping.

Not impressed with the lack of online top up with 3 though. I've come to expect this service. Took me an hour to top up over the help line. Woeful.

Will tinker around with Meteor again but I'm pretty sure I've taken the proxy off both streaming and browser and have tried all the APNs.

Three just works. Simply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Not impressed with the lack of online top up with 3 though

You can top up online with a 3v card

• Advertisement

3 takes a bit of getting use to but then its grand

U can top up using my3 on your mobile also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 keeluz

There's a known issue with You Tube on Meteor. Something to do with proxy's. They say they're working on a fix - it's effecting certain Nokia and SE handsets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

U can top up using my3 on your mobile also

Do you not need to have a voucher for that? I thought you just entered the number.
    keeluz wrote: »
    There's a known issue with You Tube on Meteor. Something to do with proxy's. They say they're working on a fix - it's effecting certain Nokia and SE handsets

It's working fine on my N95. It wasn't for a while but it's fine now

How is there a Known Issue and then when people ring they say they dont know whats up and just send people out settings that dont work.

Considering that you cant forward videos by Mms to Youtube anymore on Meteor there is a more going on that meets the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Yesterday I bought a 3pay sim.. Works like a dream! Online radio from all over the world in stereo on the bus with virtually no skipping.

Not impressed with the lack of online top up with 3 though. I've come to expect this service. Took me an hour to top up over the help line. Woeful.

Will tinker around with Meteor again but I'm pretty sure I've taken the proxy off both streaming and browser and have tried all the APNs.

Three just works. Simply.

A bit off topic so sorry in advance but proper on line top up will be available soon with 3.

How is there a Known Issue and then when people ring they say they dont know whats up and just send people out settings that dont work.

Considering that you cant forward videos by Mms to Youtube anymore on Meteor there is a more going on that meets the eye.

They know the issue but not the solution...hence they can't advise customers. Not much use to customers, but isn't the first stage of fxing a problem admitting you have one (sometimes networks seem to think customers make these things up or it's the customers' fault)

This has been going on for a long time now it taken them a long time and plenty of lost custom to do that.

Emerson what bit rate works with Moodio

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

is this working now? thinking of getting a w995 on meteor and not being able to watch streaming is putting me off :mad:

I doubt it very much .

• Advertisement

Can someone verify yes or no, meteor are supposed to be a serious mobile broadband company with 7.2mbs broadband, streaming is a basic requirement and they cant have problems "with certain SE and nokia handsets"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Emerson what bit rate works with Moodio

I am also interested to know, I can't get Moodio to work properly on my SE K800i through meteor,

This seems to be fixed. Anyone else still having a problem?

It is fixed as. But since meteor stoped mms to email u cant upload videos via mms and and with youtube login dont work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

It is fixed as. But since meteor stoped mms to email u cant upload videos via mms and and with youtube login dont work

Most people would use email on their phone to do that, especially with MMS's file size restriction.

Sending this from my w995. I use 24k with parametric stereo. Sounds great and uses very little of my 1gb monthly limit on 3. I will test Meteor again tomorrow but the HSPDA
    coverage on 3 seems better than Meteor even if it is working. Will report back!

Sending this from my w995. I use 24k with parametric stereo. Sounds great and uses very little of my 1gb monthly limit on 3. I will test Meteor again tomorrow but the HSPDA
    coverage on 3 seems better than Meteor even if it is working. Will report back!

thanks!!

Either Meteor staff read this forum or my calls (and others no doubt) were heeded.

For the first time for me - Today Youtube & Moodio.fm work on my Meteor sim through the Meteor DATA APN on my SEW995.

I'm listening to WINS1010 NYC live on my mobile loudspeaker through Meteor!
    Result..

To sign into M.youtube.com you need to sign into your google or gmail account that is the email of your Youtube account on the browser that you wish to view youtube on ie phone browser or opera Mini etc.
    Then click the my account link in m.youtube.com

• Advertisement

Cant seem to get moodio working

Advertisement