Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tongue piercing 'un'healing?!

• 19-05-2009 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hiya

I got my tongue pierced almost 12 weeks ago and went through the usual few days of swelling. Kept off alcohol, coffee, the usual and stuck with soup and scrambled eggs etc like you're supposed to, so it healed up pretty well and before long it was grand. I've been back to get a shorter bar twice since and was just happy with it, when all of a sudden it's completely swollen up again, and has been for over a week. It's particularly bad in the mornings, the same as when I had just got it pierced. Everyone is telling me it's because I'm really stressed with work at the moment (I'm hardly sleeping, have been eating badly,drinking too much caffeine etc).

Is this right? There's also a little bit of yellow pus (sorry) coming out at the top, which makes me think it's infected. Could this be caused by my immune system being shot and not looking after myself? I've started doing salt water rinses again, I really don't want to have to take it out but if it's infected I'm worried I might have to!

Anything else I can do to get it sorted? I won't get a chance to go back to the piercing place for a few days (bloody work!) so any advice would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

you say that you've been back twice for a shorter bar? That seems excessive to me in under 12 weeks and could definitely contribute to the problem. While it may seem fine during the day, your tongue may swell up after eating or sleeping (I know mine definitely swells up during the night, and I've had mine for years)

I would get thee back to a reputable piercer, suggest getting a slightly longer bar till it's happy, and keep up with the sea salt rinses. Also, keep in good health and de-stress, get some proper food into ye :)

Advertisement