Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cctv camera is good

• 19-05-2009 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

The father-in-law has a robin nesting in his work shed at the end of his garden. He put in a B&W cheap CCTV he had in beside her, picture quality is not bad but the B&W bit really kills it.
    Anyone use one lately that is Colour and maybe has a zoom on it along with night mode that was not mad money??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've no personal experience of these things, but a website I've dealt with for other stuff (bat detectors actually!) has a whole section on nestbox cameras and such like ...

http://www.alanaecology.com/acatalog/Wildlife_Cameras_CCTV.html

I've always fancied setting up something like this myself, but the presence of two cats in my garden means our nest boxes sit empty, so not much point unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You could try something like this. Its higher res than most of the bird watching cameras on the other site and its a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks Saruman, there also seems to be a huge amout on ebay with similar spec's(1/3 1/4 cmos) but they seem very cheap.

Advertisement