Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MADCAT tournament sticks - update

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

PS3 edition

Although there is an error message to say these items cannot be shipped to Ireland because they're from a third party seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

PS3 edition

Although there is an error message to say these items cannot be shipped to Ireland because they're from a third party seller.

Can't buy the PS3 ones cause they're from gameseek. They refuse to ship to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I saw this earlier, I had the whole order processed and then then the attack of the conscience happened :o it's soo much money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why must I be jobless yet again? :'(

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I saw this earlier, I had the whole order processed and then then the attack of the conscience happened :o it's soo much money!!

Give in. I didn't do it last time they had ps3 ones being sold by amazon itself. Now I resorted to ebay and hoping the guy I bought it off will send it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sagat06 wrote: »

Its 190 delivered. I guarantee you'll regret not getting one. I find I'm at the limits of what I can do with the Xbox pad so I have to get used to the stick now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ah FFS....I'm only after getting the SE last week.

Edit - there's only 1 left @ £150...had the order all queued up but couldn't spend £200 in les than a week on sticks!

The Wal wrote: »
    Ah FFS....I'm only after getting the SE last week.

Edit - there's only 1 left @ £150...had the order all queued up but couldn't spend £200 in les than a week on sticks!

Buy the new stick. Sell your old stick. Get 2-3 games you KNOW you will never play again and post them all on adverts.ie. Thas a good chunk of the money right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Its 190 delivered. I guarantee you'll regret not getting one. I find I'm at the limits of what I can do with the Xbox pad so I have to get used to the stick now.

I would definitely not regret it, if you were just starting on stick from pad then an EX2 would do the job just as well. 190 euro is crazy to pay for a stick, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

If anyone's still interested the supply chain seems to have opened up a bunch of UK Ebayers, so if (like me) you're a PS3 man and can't buy from amazon, ebay is yer only man, and at retail prices (for the most part now - some are still charging mad money)

• Advertisement

I got mine for an okay price from an ebayer. Postage was expensive though. Unfortunately the person has terrible communication skills and hasn't responded to the two questions i sent him (can you tell me when you are sending it? And does Royal mail give a tracking code?). I checked his feedback and he got more positive feedback today for a different arcade stick sale.

Hopefully i can get my stick soon. Problem is if he using couriers and they attempt delivery when i'm not here, I won't know as they never leave notes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I was told to hijack my brothers account and deliver this message.

11 of the xbox360 150 sterling sticks on amazon. Buy while you can.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001M22WN8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

250 now.

mathie wrote: »
    250 now.

Yep. The ones on sale when he posted were being sold by amazon. Those are gamesbuyer's stock

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

The TE sticks are HIGHLY over priced for what they are. Any of the HRAPs for the 360 / PS3 retail at £80 and do the same job bar no tournamant lock and no SFIV logo. Is the extra £70 worth the tournament lock and SFIV logo? I certainly don't think so.

mr_kyle wrote: »
    The TE sticks are HIGHLY over priced for what they are. Any of the HRAPs for the 360 / PS3 retail at £80 and do the same job bar no tournamant lock and no SFIV logo. Is the extra £70 worth the tournament lock and SFIV logo? I certainly don't think so.

You actually think you are spending 70 euro extra on a logo and a lock?

You actually think you are spending 70 euro extra on a logo and a lock?

For the TE stick you are. A HRAP is £80 and does the same job as a TE minus sanwa buttons. So its a total of £90 to make a HRAP arcade standard. So I will revise my original difference to £60. By contrast the SFIV TE is £150. The only difference between the two sticks is that the SFIV TE has a tournament lock, a SFIV logo and a different shape. The TE sticks are a complete rip off.

*edit*
    I do not deny the TEs function admirably. But again, so do the HRAPs.

For the TE stick you are. A HRAP is £80 and does the same job as a TE minus sanwa buttons. So its a total of £90 to make a HRAP arcade standard. So I will revise my original difference to £60. By contrast the SFIV TE is £150. The only difference between the two sticks is that the SFIV TE has a tournament lock, a SFIV logo and a different shape. The TE sticks are a complete rip off.

*edit*
    I do not deny the TEs function admirably. But again, so do the HRAPs.

And I won't deny the fact that I will buy anything with SF on it :P

The way I see it, there's a reason all the top players have one. Not that I'm anywhere near a top player, but I said If I'm going to spend big money on a stick, I may as well do the dog on it and get the best out there.

I realised that, as much as I found the Xbox controller fine for lots of things, I was struggling with alot of the advanced combos.

And I won't deny the fact that I will buy anything with SF on it :P

The way I see it, there's a reason all the top players have one. Not that I'm anywhere near a top player, but I said If I'm going to spend big money on a stick, I may as well do the dog on it and get the best out there.

I realised that, as much as I found the Xbox controller fine for lots of things, I was struggling with alot of the advanced combos.

I will agree that the TE is better straight out of the box as it is all Sanwa. For an extra £10 the HRAP become fuctionally identical (bar lock and logo) to the SFIV TE. I would say it (the SFIV TE) is the most expensive arcade stick out there, but that in no way makes it the best. The reason alot of skilled players have it is because its a newer stick relative the to the HRAPs. Plus the artwork does make it look nice.

My point is that any player could save money if they looked about a bit and did not go for the SFIV TE straight away. Pound for pound (or euro for euro for you guys) it makes more sense to buy a HRAP. But as I mentioned earlier, I do not doubt the fuctionality of the TEs at all. If it gets manz into fighting games properly then its all good, even if it is more than they need to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I will agree that the TE is better straight out of the box as it is all Sanwa. For an extra £10 the HRAP become fuctionally identical (bar lock and logo) to the SFIV TE. I would say it (the SFIV TE) is the most expensive out there, but that in no way makes it the best. The reason alot of skilled players have it is because its a newer stick relative the to the HRAPs. Plus the artwork does make it look nice.

My point is that any player could save money if they looked about a bit and did not go for the SFIV TE straight away. Pound for pound (or euro for euro for you guys) it makes more sense to buy a HRAP. But as I mentioned earlier, I do not doubt the fuctionality of the TEs at all. If it gets manz into fighting games properly then its all good, even if it is more than they need to spend.

Well, start dropping those links to HRAPs, lad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The HRAPs are sold out everywhere I look. The Seath Smiles one on playasia sould out it's preorders in less than 10 mins.

BTW I just ordered a fightstick from amazon. Are they any good? I haven't the money for a TE :/

• Advertisement

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    Well, start dropping those links to HRAPs, lad.

Retr0gamer beat me to the punch. Everywhere I look they are all sold out =/ I would say its worth keeping an eye on akihabarashop and arcadeshock. Even with shipping from either Japan or Canada it still works out less than £150 (ie £120 from Japan) for a HRAP.

A fight stick will get you started!

Advertisement