Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a small league to warm up

Options
  • 19-05-2009 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭

i know i ain't in the main leagues but I plan to play in the qualifying league soon and i see there is a few people around wanting a few games. Might keep it very small in order for it to finish relatively quickly, maybe 4-6 players.

if your interested, post here and ill set one up, might even set it up now to get things going.

my gamertag is corcaigh09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Hey i was looking for just that, i just registered and was planning on playing in the qualifying league when it starts, tis a good idea.

Gamertag: Parawind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

cheers lad, will set something up around midnight, surprised there isnt more interest tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Is this on XBOX???:o

ya, to warm up for the upcoming boards leagues.

well i set up that. details are:
    name: boards warm up
    abv: bwu
    password: eire

just a 5 team limit to keep it brief, 6 minute halves and 3 games against each opponent. id welcome anyone here to join but it would be welcome if you post on here as well to inform me. cheers

• Advertisement

had 3 good games with Parawind last night, cheers lad. results were
    2-2, 3-2 to corcaigh and 3-1 to Parawind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Im guessing he picked Liverpool? :D I knonw that cabbage very well. Sound bloke, good player. Never get on the mic with him though as he will talk your ear off about how slow gerrard is ::p

yep he has liverpool, i picked bayern.

lol ya the games were close and ok i do pick liverpool a lot, but next time i'll pick scunthorpe against ya kirby just to keep things fair lol jking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just joined there.. definitely need some practice with Chelsea!

• Advertisement

good stuff, any idea when you will be online, i might be able to play you tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I just joined as well, no one online though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

i joined this morning as barcelona, gamertag is seanog18

coming on now

alright, seems the league is full now, good stuff. Ill try and get on soon.

Wtf? I don't have the option to invite someone to league game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

awwww i was gonna join

mika27 wrote: »
    Wtf? I don't have the option to invite someone to league game.

sorted it out, i had to reset the league as it thought it was finished with my games with parawind.

unfortunely Parawind, our games last night are now void.

btw, just lost 3-0 to a Ron Burgundy(you, mika?), i just couldnt get going at all so plus my brother was really pissing me off(not excuses, i was just crap)
    so i might log back on after the uefa cup final instead.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    sorted it out, i had to reset the league as it thought it was finished with my games with parawind.

unfortunely Parawind, our games last night are now void.

btw, just lost 3-0 to a Ron Burgundy(you, mika?), i just couldnt get going at all so plus my brother was really pissing me off(not excuses, i was just crap)
    so i might log back on after the uefa cup final instead.

ah that doesn't matter, its only a warm up after all, just means we can play again :)

Had a few good games there - a win, a draw and a loss. Seriously out of practice, could barely remember the buttons!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

@Parawind gg the first time.. the second time, i was torn between frustration and batterys dying

• Advertisement

I had some good games there, everthing just seemed to fall for me in those games.

6-0, 3-0, 9-0, 4-0

well, just had another 3 games with parawind and again it was a win, a draw and a loss, 0-0, 2-0 to me and 4-0 to Parawind.

Parawind wrote: »
    I had some good games there, everthing just seemed to fall for me in those games.

6-0, 3-0, 9-0, 4-0

You've got a good set up with Liverpool there but you're too good to be able to pick them in the main league

mika27 wrote: »
    You've got a good set up with Liverpool there but you're too good to be able to pick them in the main league

Ya your right the odds of getting them are small, i was trying out other teams last night, hopefully i can find another team that has the same balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is this league full up? Had a search for it but nothing came up? Wouldnt mind gettn practice in with Fiorentina havent had any really at all and ranked matches the players are different.

Btw Parawind whats your gamertag wouldnt mind given your liverpool a shot against my one. There the only team I ever pick so should be a good match up!

I'm always up to test out my team. My gamertag is the same as my name here, Parawind.

Advertisement