Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4" Concrete Blocks

• 19-05-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Could people please PM me company names where I can send a copy of my plans and get back a quote for the qty of blocks I need for my build.

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Mike2006 wrote: »
    Hi,

Could people please PM me company names where I can send a copy of my plans and get back a quote for the qty of blocks I need for my build.

Thanks,

Mike.

assume 10 blocks per m2 of cavity wall area.

then just measure the elevations.... leave small windows included in the measurement, and only remove very large windows eg patio doors. This will give you a fairly close figure of number of blocks required.

the phone concrete block companies for prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

The danger with measuring from the elevations is that you miss the rising walls,
    Also, if internal walls are in blockwork, these need to be measured and calculated.

You need to factor in chimney build also, which will need to be measured,
    Also, are you going to do entrance piers, walls in garden areas etc?
    Are you going standard 4" cavities, or are there any 9" (block on flat) walls anywhere?

To further complicate things, you should also be getting a lintel & cill schedule measured up now also, and get all delivered at the one time!
    What does your blocklayer say for a wastage percentage?
    Some of them are right 'wasters' :-) when it comes to breaking blocks and throwing the halves away.

And don't forget, block companies (the likes of Roadstone) sell in units of 000s only - payable in advance.

Advertisement