Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zumo Smoothies

Options
  • 19-05-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Has anyone else noted Zumo's response to the recession?

Not so long ago their smoothies cost 3.95 for a fairly large cup....this was still extortion but you got a fair bit of smoothie for your euro...

Last Sat I noticed that they had reduced their price to 3.85 for a cup that holds only half the amount that the 3.95 cup held....

This is taking the piss...they've actually INCREASED their percentage margin on every cup.

Total rip-off.

The only way we'll stop this sort of wool-pulling is if we boycott stores that do this. They have fooled people into thinking that they are reducing their prices when all they're doing in giving customers even worse value for their Euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I can't see people queing for that.

I always thought the 3.95 cup was expensive as it was, a 'Monkey Business' every Friday or so was a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

That price increase actually happened about a year ago now as far as I remember.

I've been a fan of Zumo for the last 5 years or so and as far as I know this is the first price increase they've had so it doesn't really bother me cause they're the only ones actually using real fruit and veg in their drinks.

i'm sure they cost a lot more to make then than the concentrate CRAP you get in most of the other juice bars. They actually have orange juice machines that they'll give you juice from if you order one but if you order a smoothie they'll give you different juice! Such a con! At least in Zumo you get real stuff.

I'm willing to pay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fixieboy

bret69 wrote: »
    That price increase actually happened about a year ago now as far as I remember.

I've been a fan of Zumo for the last 5 years or so and as far as I know this is the first price increase they've had so it doesn't really bother me cause they're the only ones actually using real fruit and veg in their drinks.

i'm sure they cost a lot more to make then than the concentrate CRAP you get in most of the other juice bars. They actually have orange juice machines that they'll give you juice from if you order one but if you order a smoothie they'll give you different juice! Such a con! At least in Zumo you get real stuff.

I'm willing to pay for that.

No-one has that sort of brand loyalty to a smoothie firm - you obviously work for these tricksters!

Whether they use real fruit or not is not the issue - the problem is that they reduced their price by about 2.5% on a portion that is at least 33% - 50% smaller...RIP OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Well a loyal customer I might agree with but I certainly don't work for them!

My points are simple: The price increases were a long time ago and what you might call pre-recession.

Personally, *I* don't mind paying that price for putting real fruit and vegetables in to my body. I'd much rather pay that price for a smoothie than something like a coffee.

Why not have a go at Starbucks for their prices? There products are in the same price range and I bet they're much cheaper to produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Zumo - never touch them - complete rip off merchants since the day they opened.

Ditto for Starbucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

They sell small smoothies in UCD for €2 a go, they are seriously popular and very good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dontyou love it

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Thomasjo

Went to my Mothers house last week & she was making her own smoothies, which tasted great. No set menu, just throwing in all types of fruits, yougarts, ice-cream etc . . .
    She even uses it for homemade soups.
    So i went out & invested €30 in a smoothie maker, so many too choose from, starting from €20 up to €100 for a top of the range job.
    Best €30 spent in a while, if you buying smoothies everyday for lunch, that's about €20 per week. After 2 or 3 weeks you saving a few bob.
    All the recepies you need are online http://www.smoothie-recipes.com/
    Lidls & Cousin Aldi do great deals on your fruit. No more throwing out rotting fruit.
    If you are buying a smoothie maker, go for one with an ice-crusher(pulse button). Although most of them have got this, except for some of the cheaper models.
    Kids love them, trying different smoothies & juices, its a great way to get fruit they would normally not eat, into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mylove

I second that..

Buy a maker and do it yourself! yum

Advertisement