Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths - Projectiles

Options
  • 19-05-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Can somebody give me a quick recap of the formulas and rules for projectile questions? just the basic stuff, I only took it up this year. I know all the formulas etc. just looking for all the "Si when sj=0" or whatever they are :)

Comments

I'm not sure what you're asking for. Are you looking for the derivations of max range and max height, angle where max range equals max height etc.?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Max height: Sj when Vj=0
    Range: Si when Sj=0 (you will get two values for t, one will be zero, the other will be the one you're interested in)
    Landing angle: Tan L = |vj/vi| (where || indicates absolute value/modulus)

Given a particle is projected at speed u, and at an angle A, the vector u is ucosAi + usinAj

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

perfect thank you timbuk2

Advertisement