Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED SECONDHAND DV CAMCORDER

Options
  • 19-05-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

ultain wrote: »
    How do, i'm looking to buy a dv camcorder second hand in galway, have all the cables and be in good running order, firewire or usb, or both.

Want some advice? DON'T! Unless you know who had it - and how they treated it. Do you have a budget? The price of DV camcorders has collapsed and you could get a new one very cheap - depending on your reqirements.

Have a look at www.pixmania.ie to get a feel for it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Low and behold! no need to buy second-hand after all, currys are selling samsung dv cam for 140yoyo's, will do the trick until funds are up.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Baunie

I have a dvd cam from sony. I previously owned a tape camcorder. I will tell you the pros and cons. The DVD cam only records for half and hour and the mini disk must be replaced. The old camcorder can record for 1.5 hours before you change the tape. The new DVD is lighter to hold the older camcorder is heavy, doesn't matter if you have tripod. The new DVD cam has sound issues, including blotches in the soundfiles. The software for transferring the DVD is crap. Very little editing capabilities. The camcorder can be transferred to the computer and you can choose the format of the file but you have to sit throught the replay process. I would do this because the battery life is better in the cam than in the DVD and the length of recording time is much longer in the cam than in the DVD. I would not have bought the DVD recorder if I had known the old camcorder was better!

This may be the reason the price of DVD cams has dropped. The old ones were better.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Baunie wrote: »
    I have a dvd cam from sony. I previously owned a tape camcorder. I will tell you the pros and cons. The DVD cam only records for half and hour and the mini disk must be replaced. The old camcorder can record for 1.5 hours before you change the tape. The new DVD is lighter to hold the older camcorder is heavy, doesn't matter if you have tripod. The new DVD cam has sound issues, including blotches in the soundfiles. The software for transferring the DVD is crap. Very little editing capabilities. The camcorder can be transferred to the computer and you can choose the format of the file but you have to sit throught the replay process. I would do this because the battery life is better in the cam than in the DVD and the length of recording time is much longer in the cam than in the DVD. I would not have bought the DVD recorder if I had known the old camcorder was better!

This may be the reason the price of DVD cams has dropped. The old ones were better.
    Yep I agree with you, the old tape cams are streets ahead, as i said in some earlier posts had bought a samsung dv cam in a local shop in galway, lucky bag stuff!.

Advertisement