Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why go to a psychic?

Options
  • 19-05-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Focusing on the benefits and problems of knowing one's future I'm interested to know why those who believe in psychics would wish to know their future.

I personally don't see the benefit in knowing my future for two reasons. A) Knowing your future most likely alters it's outcome thereby making the future you were told about become non-existent and B) if the future cannot be changed what ever is going to happen will happen and knowing about it will spoil the spontaneity of life.

I can think of two counter arguments. A) If you can change your future then you can prevent something bad or cause something good to happen to you. B) If you cannot change your future you can prepare for the worst or anticipate the best with peace of mind.

Would I be right in assuming those two reasons are why people go to psychics? Are there more reasons? If so I'd love to hear them.

Advertisement