Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price guidlines for electrician

Options
  • 19-05-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi i'm an electrician and i've just been offered price/sub contracting work but to be honest i don't have a clue what to charge per socket/light etc. This will be first and second fix all from scratch. Then theres snagging aswell. I can price my own nixers but I've been informed that pricing this way is different. Any ideas from a contractor or experienced electrician would be really appreciated so i'm reasonably priced and have a slight idea. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

Hi i'm an electrician and i've just been offered price/sub contracting work but to be honest i don't have a clue what to charge per socket/light etc. This will be first and second fix all from scratch. Then theres snagging aswell. I can price my own nixers but I've been informed that pricing this way is different. Any ideas from a contractor or experienced electrician would be really appreciated so i'm reasonably priced and have a slight idea. Thanks

What ar you pricing apartments or houses or warehouses etc.?

Start by getting the plans. Maybe the contractor will have electrical drawings.
    Make sure you know the full spec required and that you have it detailed in writing.
    Price all the gear needed for the job the drawings should give you a good idea of length of cable runs.
    When pricing for the job make sure that you price the spec which is required i.e basic switches priced but MK required.
    Once you price the gear needed for the job you need to then factor in:
    Labour Costs: Are you going to employ someone?
    Youll have to pay pension contributions to be ligit.
    PAYE
    PRSI
    Talk to your accountant or get one.
    What would it cost you to hire staff to do the job.
    Certification of the job costs. How much will that cost you?
    Sales Vat. 13.5 % of your price will have to go to the revenue so factor that into your price.
    Public Liability cost etc.
    Also find out if you have to do the chasing?
    Make sure that if required that a site temporary supply is required and that you include it into your price.
    Its up to you what you want to earn but your priority is that its profitable for you. Dont be greedy theres thousands of sparkies that would cut your hands off to be working.
    Do the job to your highest possible standard and achieve it within a deadline or before it.

There only guidelines make sure you think of everything you have to price. If you feel that your incapable of doing the pricing dont be afraid to get help from another contractor or quantity surveyor.

Do the job to the highest possible standard price it accordingly make sure that the contractor has the ability to pay you. Explore in detail what is required and seek help if your unsure.

Best of luck hope it goes well for you.

Advertisement