Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel at it again!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

From MAAN News Agency:
    Israeli lawmakers approve jail terms for 'Jewish state' denial

Date: 27 / 05 / 2009 Time: 15:53

Bethlehem – Ma’an/Agencies – Israel’s parliament, the Knesset, gave preliminary approval to a bill that would mandate year jail term for anyone who speaks against Israel’s status as a Jewish state on Wednesday morning.

The bill, which still needs final approval before coming law, passed after a heated debate with a vote of 47 to 34 and one abstention. The measure was originally introduced by Zevulun Orlev, a member of a right-wing religious nationalist party, Habayit Hayehudi (Jewish Home).

The bill’s passage comes three days after lawmakers advanced a bill that would ban all commemorations of Nakba Day, on which Palestinians, including those who are Israeli citizens, remember their expulsion of 1948.

Click here for full article

Well, firstly if this law is given final approval and the other anti Nakba remembrance law one also get through the Knesset, it will be incredibly bad for the Palestinians in Israel, who are already discriminated against.

Also, I think this pretty much proves, what I was saying in my earlier posts. The whole "Jewish" state thing is not just semantics for Israel, but is very much an excuse to discriminate against Palestinians in Israel, which is why Palestinians in whats left of Occupied Palestine, should not give into Israels nonsensical additional demand of recognition of Israel as a "Jewish" state, as it would basically be selling out the rights of Palestinians living in Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Israeli 'shooting video' causes outrage - 20 July 2008

Look like the Palestinians are on the wrong end of history again.

This is what happen when a country or a people cannot defend them selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Hi lads, what I miss? Oh right, nothing. Grand so.

5 pages to go. See weve checked off the "whip out the history books" part down....

Think we are just outstanding on the Iraq & Iran part?

Sand wrote: »
    Hi lads, what I miss? Oh right, nothing. Grand so.

5 pages to go. See weve checked off the "whip out the history books" part down....

Think we are just outstanding on the Iraq & Iran part?

Oh no, people are still talking about something you don't want them to talk about.

Quick question, do you this on Football forums, when threads about Rangers and Celtic come up? Are they better or worse than these?!?

Honestly, you are as much a part of these threads at this point. They just wouldn't be the same without your complaining.

Quick question, do you this on Football forums, when threads about Rangers and Celtic come up? Are they better or worse than these?!?

Are you finally getting the point?

Probably more gets settled and discussed in a rational manner on Rangers vs Celtic threads to be honest. Oh an honestly, I dont give two ****s about Celtic vs Rangers. Some guys who did give a **** beat some poor guy to death plus nearly beat his wife and another random stranger to death. Im sure there is a thread out there arguing if they are heros or villains, the historical context of their actions and if they are victims or monsters but meh...

But really, keep going to page 20. I need you to get there so I can post "****ing called it!!!!"

• Advertisement

Sure, I know exactly what your getting at.

Also, you are still posting here. Shouldn't you be protesting by not posting here?

Also, do you think that maybe that your posts are having, the opposite effect. You know, by saying that people shouldn't post, you actually causing more posts in the thread.
    Probably more gets settled and discussed in a rational manner on Rangers vs Celtic threads to be honest.

What reality would this be on? Bizaro world :D.

Sure, I know exactly what your getting at.

Also, you are still posting here. Shouldn't you be protesting by not posting here?

Also, do you think that maybe that your posts are having, the opposite effect. You know, by saying that people shouldn't post, you actually causing more posts in the thread.

I need to get to page 20...

It'd really burn me if we didnt though. Man, Id have predicted we'd get to page 20 with nonsensical, pointless Rangers vs Celtic style arguments as opposed to discussion and and christ we would only get to page 15 or 16. Dammit!
    What reality would this be on? Bizaro world .

In fairness, whilst Rangers fans might go out and beat some poor guy to death in front of his wife, its unlikely that Celtic fans and Rangers fans would be arguing if either club might have correctly filed their application forms to be a football club back in 1888 or whenever, and if they hadnt that it would somehow invalidate their record to date.

I need to get to page 20...

It'd really burn me if we didnt though. Man, Id have predicted we'd get to page 20 with nonsensical, pointless Rangers vs Celtic style arguments as opposed to discussion and and christ we would only get to page 15 or 16. Dammit!

Wait, are you new to the Internet. Almost every conversation goes like this.

Don't even go any where near the consoles war arguments.
    In fairness, whilst Rangers fans might go out and beat some poor guy to death in front of his wife, its unlikely that Celtic fans and Rangers fans would be arguing if either club might have correctly filed their application forms to be a football club back in 1888 or whenever, and if they hadnt that it would somehow invalidate their record to date.

Well at least there keeping busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Btw, i was wondering if anyone has herd about this yet:

Just watch the first 3mins of it to get the idea of what its about, if you can't be bothered watching the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Probably more gets settled and discussed in a rational manner on Rangers vs Celtic threads to be honest. Oh an honestly, I dont give two ****s about Celtic vs Rangers. Some guys who did give a **** beat some poor guy to death plus nearly beat his wife and another random stranger to death. Im sure there is a thread out there arguing if they are heros or villains, the historical context of their actions and if they are victims or monsters but meh...

But really, keep going to page 20. I need you to get there so I can post "****ing called it!!!!"

Sand, if you're not going to contribute, please don't contribute - if you see what I mean.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Btw, i was wondering if anyone has herd about this yet:

Just watch the first 3mins of it to get the idea of what its about, if you can't be bothered watching the whole thing.

I saw this yesterday thanks, and I couldn't help wondering if all Israeli's are happy with their tax money being spent on this nonsense. The hours they seem to spend dreaming up ways to further torment and isolate the Palestinians ( and Christians) surely could be better spent dealing with the considerable homeless problem, the growing drugs and violence problems,etc to make the country a better place, just like any other government.

Maybe they could even spend a little time trying to come up with something on the peace front, if they weren't too busy.

Advertisement