Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who living in limerick can fit the HID?

• 19-05-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

HEY, guys, I really need help for fit HID for my car, I am in limerick now, I can pay you money who can fit HID for me.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you're any tiny way mechanically minded you should be able to fit HIDs.

this is the way mine worked out:
    hidwiringzb2.jpg
    hid3tq9.jpg
    It's just a matter of plugging in and swapping the bulbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stueve

Thank you very much, by the way where can get a H4 type HID set ?

H7 does not work on my car.

Thx...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

stueve wrote: »
    Thank you very much, by the way where can get a H4 type HID set ?

H7 does not work on my car.

Thx...

ok, if you made that mistake already i would suggest NOT to fit this kit yourself!

of course H7 wont fit your car if its H4 bulb type....but before you go on are you 100% sure its a H4 type bulb in your car?

www.hidirl.com will sort you out with a good set and they are also covered under warrenty for a year iirc.

talk to Kev there and he may also put you in touch with somebody down your way to fit them.

by the way, what kind of car is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stueve

It is a 99 Toyota Levin, I can not find any guy can fit it for me.

Thank you for your reply.:)

stueve wrote: »
    It is a 99 Toyota Levin, I can not find any guy can fit it for me.

Thank you for your reply.:)

H4 it is so, i think!
    they will work without any errors as such once fitted correctly.

imo you need to contact a local supplier that can put you in touch with a fitter, they are very very easy to fit and any competent person could fit them.

just google hid conversion and ireland.
    check out -
    www.dtdirl.com
    www.hidirl.com
    www.urbanglow.ie or.com (not sure)

loads of sellers in the buy and sell too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

whereabouts in limerick are you located? ill sort out someone to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jraftery

I can fit these kits for you and im only in galway so an hour up the road if you fancy the spin Jeremy (Auto Electrical Concepts) unit 7 royal rock, ballybane , galway

out of interest Jeremy, how much would you charge for fitting a regular HID kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jraftery

On a most cars its only an hours work at worst so standard labour charge of €45,
    presuming that the car does not need additional work such as relays/ resistors, on a lot of the toyotas if there are aftermarket spots/fog lights there is a bit modifaction to be done as the car cant see the resistance through the hid kit as strictly speaking there is no fillament bulb in a hid kit , it depend s on the quality of the kit there are some really cheap kits out there and some dont give back the right signals to the car,
    I did a corolla for a customer a while back and when you put on the high beam the high beam indicator on the dash did not work so a resistor had to be put in but nothing life threatening

jraftery wrote: »
    On a most cars its only an hours work at worst so standard labour charge of €45,
    presuming that the car does not need additional work such as relays/ resistors, on a lot of the toyotas if there are aftermarket spots/fog lights there is a bit modifaction to be done as the car cant see the resistance through the hid kit as strictly speaking there is no fillament bulb in a hid kit , it depend s on the quality of the kit there are some really cheap kits out there and some dont give back the right signals to the car,
    I did a corolla for a customer a while back and when you put on the high beam the high beam indicator on the dash did not work so a resistor had to be put in but nothing life threatening

good price imo and sounds like he knows what he is talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Most conventional headlamp assemblies are not suited to HIDs, and H4 is the worst of them all due to the dual filament design of the original bulb. If you do go ahead, expect the results to be far from satisfactory.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭auto electrical

JHMEG wrote: »
    Most conventional headlamp assemblies are not suited to HIDs, and H4 is the worst of them all due to the dual filament design of the original bulb. If you do go ahead, expect the results to be far from satisfactory.

i dont know about that ive put hid kits in pretty much every sort of car from polos to 7 series bmws and always with good results properly fitted they give fantastic light and a much better definition of light on the road J.(Auto Electrical Concepts)

that bold font is a bit annoying J!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭auto electrical

colm_mcm wrote: »
    that bold font is a bit annoying J!
    oooooooooooooooooppppppppppsssssssssss:cool:

Advertisement