Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Stillorgan - Beaufield Park Area - No UPC ?

Options
  • 19-05-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just want to check to see if anyone has any info / feedback / advice please. My brother in law lives in the Beaufield Park area of Stillorgan (behind Shopping Centre). He currently has NTL/UPC Digital TV Service & wanted to get UPC Broadband. He checked their website, seemed to indicate it was available to him so he proceeded to order via the web. He got contacted today to say UPC can't supply him with Broadband ? I thought that was a bit strange since he has their digital TV service already. He rang UPC to verify & got the same info of their Customer Services.

Anyone any feedback as to what alternatives might be available in that area that are decent. Looking for min of 3Meg down / 384k up, approx 30Gig Cap etc..

I'm guessing he could maybe get Eircom so wanted to see if anyone else had good / bad experiences with other ISPs such as Eircom in the general area.

Thanks in advance for any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cathal2000

I'm close by in Allen Park. I run my business from home. While I despise Eircom as a company I have to say I get a consistent 6.6Mbps down and 550kbps up and have never had an outage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

I live in Beaufield Park too and have Broadband not sure what the speed is and stuff I just know I dont have to wait for pages and downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Thank you both for that feedback.

I guess I'll probably advise he go for an Eircom BB+Calls Bundle maybe the 7Mb package.

Appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback & comments.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

He will be on the Priory Exchange. Options are a bit limited. BT cant offer their 24Mb package from there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrooqie

just wondering when they will be available there. NTL said to me that maybe this summer but personally i dont believe this. Stillorgran and no fast broadband here..shame

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

homer911 wrote: »
    He will be on the Priory Exchange. Options are a bit limited. BT cant offer their 24Mb package from there yet

Magnet are on that exchange.

Advertisement