Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamer picture on XBL

• 19-05-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Ppl have in their profiles on XBL custom gamer pictures (logos, cartoon characters etc.) How can I create one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Before the "NXE" update, it was simply whatever gamer picture you chose when you were creating your profile. With the new update, its been changed to "avatars" - basically a person you dress up and edit to resemble whatever you want. you then take a picture of it and thats the pic displayed for you on xbox live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

you can still choose to use the old gamer pics. You can get them by going onto marketplace.

Go to the window with your avatar character next to it, click on "edit profile", then click "gamer picture", and it can be changed in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

I know guys where in the menu I can change the picture - that's the official way to do it, but I don't know how to change the picture to a custom one (eg. soccer club logo, Family Guy character etc.) which is NOT available from XBL marketplace :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I dont think there is any way to make your own. It infringes on copyright laws or something.
    The ones you mention should be available from the marketplace.
    I know I used to have some family guy ones and im sure the football clubs are probably in a fifa pack or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

BFassassin wrote: »
    I dont think there is any way to make your own. It infringes on copyright laws or something.

You can't make your own (apart from your avatar), I'd say the reason for that is that people would be putting up pictures of bums (or most likely worse) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You need an XBox Live Vision Camera for your own mug. Soccer logos and things like that might be downloadable as FIFA/PES gamerpics from the marketplace. Family Guy is available if you have a US account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

A friend of mine has a picture of herself as her Gamer Pic. I don't know how she has done it but I think you can only see it if you are her friend. If you aren't you see the Public Profile Pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The only way to make your own is if you have the vision camera.

I had the back of my United jersey with ROONEY 10 on it as my pic for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The only way to make your own is if you have the vision camera.

I had the back of my United jersey with ROONEY 10 on it as my pic for a while.

And as im....LOST says, its only viewable to people on your friends list.

Thanks guys for your help! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have an old pic of my ugly mush on it, put it in through the camera, you can only see it if your my friend on xbl, other than that you see a plain old samsung logo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I got one of the Penny-arcade gamerpic packs with some left over points. Best pack on it I think.

I had Jebus as my avatar for ages.

Now I use my avatar thing which I tried to make as horrific as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

There are options in your profile for your gamerpic and profile pic. The gamerpic must be one of the ones available from Xbox whereas the profile pic can be custom made using the cam and as stated is visible only to friends.

Well, actually I wanted one of the characters from Family Guy as a profile picture, but as Mr E mentioned it is available only for US accounts and I have an Irish one. Is there any way to get Family Guy Picture Pack for a non-US account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No i dont think so im afriad, that was a little thing for US customers back when we didnt have the video marketplace. When they got episodes of Family Guy they gave out free gamer pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RafoLordOfWars

Are the vision cams worth getting?, Id like the option of putting my own type of gamerpic on live... the 50 squid for one is a bit steep though! Also, is it a simple enuff process to do if I happen to borrow one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I'll put it this way, I wouldn't buy one. Having your own avatar isn't worth that much.

Yeah borrowing a friends might be an idea. If you are buying, try second hand too and offer feck all. Not like there is any real demand for them.

Some games might come with them.

Don't know of any of the top of my head, just throwing it out there as GH comes with controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Are the vision cams worth getting?
    Probably not. I got mine about a year and a half ago, and have used it maybe 3-4 times since then. Main use was to get those achievements in the Rainbow 6 Vegas games...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RafoLordOfWars

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Probably not. I got mine about a year and a half ago, and have used it maybe 3-4 times since then. Main use was to get those achievements in the Rainbow 6 Vegas games...

I know, I did get a lend of one just for that also... but I didnt think you could add your own stuff to your gamercard!!:eek:

Advertisement