Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insuring a converted campervan

• 19-05-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

We have bought an 1982 Volkswagon LT28D converted campervan. In order for Dolmen insurance to insure it we have to provide an engineers report form from an SIMI registered garage or engineer. Anyone had one of these done and where? Was it expensive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I have filled out a few of these reports.

Because it is not as exhaustive as a full DOE test I think they charged 50 yoyo for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Moved from Motors. The guys in here will know more about this I'm sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Do all campers need this engineers report or is it an age requirement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I'm not sure.

I have filled out reports on campers from an '80 Merc to a 00 Iveco Daily.

I think it depends on the insurer to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

It's only required for insurance , Axa insurance through dolmen require it. Any simi rgistered mechanic can do it, it's very straight forward, just basic roadworthy test. May be worth checking out type2ireland.org , may get more information or find a garage specializing in vw's

• Advertisement
Advertisement