Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Niteclub in Athlone

Options
  • 19-05-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Myself and my girly friends are heading to Athlone this weekend.....where is the best place to head for a great night out.....
    We are looking for some serious talent...we are all in our mid 20s:p:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

awww yeah, talent. try this place, it's awesome, some much talent in one place, not much of a club, but it's got a bar.

howya IPushButtons *wink* *wink*

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 countdown

Q looks great!?? Anything we need to know about the place?!! And ipushbuttons what do u do there! If we told Q we were a hen night will they let us in! Thanks for all the info everyone! Keep it coming...

There is nada zero zippo zilch niente male talent in Athlone.
    Such is their complete lack of totty that it is actually almost impressive.
    And I'm not exactly fussy.

The women are stunning if that helps any of ye.

I'll have you know I'm very fetching....

as in fetch a bucket I'm about to be sick. :P

Not that I'd know a whole lot about good looking males, but surely we can't all be a bunch of mingers :P

On a side note being serious, Q is your best bet, however, my own personal preference is Karma, but a hen party will have better luck getting into Q, Karma may turn ye away, especially on a Saturday night.

countdown wrote: »
    Q looks great!?? Anything we need to know about the place?!! And ipushbuttons what do u do there! If we told Q we were a hen night will they let us in! Thanks for all the info everyone! Keep it coming...

They won't mind if you having a hen night and I don't work there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Both clubs are much the same - poor. But ya'd get away with a bit more messing in Q. Seems more relaxed in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Both clubs are class in their own right! The fact they are competing with each other now (Q pretty much used to have the monopoly) has brought out brilliant improvements but here is your answer...

Q good if you're between 17 and 23/24
    Karma is 23+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Both clubs are much the same - poor. But ya'd get away with a bit more messing in Q. Seems more relaxed in there

Thats right

I agree with Bono

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Newbee09

What kind of music do these two clubs have?! Looking for something on the fun side as opposed to hardcore dance music!! :)

they both play what's usually in the charts, they occasionally get in different djs that play their own stuff or something different, which is good, but not often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

You could find anything being played. Karma usually has more dance stuff, and a few rock tunes thrown in. As well as the usual RnB hip hop muck. So a mix of everything really, but mainly crap.

Bozos, or Q as its now called is much the same but they have 2/3 different areas that can have different tunes. Downstairs is mainly dancey stuff, while upstairs would be a bit more chart

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    they both play what's usually in the charts, they occasionally get in different djs that play their own stuff or something different, which is good, but not often enough.

Yeah they play the same stuff, but Q is the better of the two they value customer service whereas karma tend to spend more time making sure your wearing the right shoes rather that making sure your having a good time.

Advertisement