Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to wear to undergraduate interview?

• 19-05-2009 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi everyone,

i have an undergraduate interview in cit in the next few weeks for a mature student position. just wondering whats is the excepted dress code, i was thinking a suit, but some people have said, a pants and **** because i will be overdressed, what do people think, should i go with my gut and ware the suit, its an interview for a second year place on an undergraduate engineering course.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Wear the suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mewmoo

carolok wrote: »
    hi everyone,

i have an undergraduate interview in cit in the next few weeks for a mature student position. just wondering whats is the excepted dress code, i was thinking a suit, but some people have said, a pants and **** because i will be overdressed, what do people think, should i go with my gut and ware the suit, its an interview for a second year place on an undergraduate engineering course.

In my opinion you would really need to wear something dressy but casual, not too flashy with a hint of style about. Something that speaks volumes about you as a person. A man is what he wears after all. Something like the following would be appropriate.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2315/2235920821_a1b22b037c.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tripi

i don't think it really matters what you wear as long as you look respectable enough. i wore jeans and flip flops to my interview and i'm starting my final exams on monday.

best of luck, hope you get it! best thing i ever did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

I went for interview for third year place as an undergraduate on an engineering course in cit, very casual, just interested in previous results (higher cert in science disipline) - especially maths. He/she won't take any notice of what your wearing - best of luck, they need the money anyway !

Advertisement