Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Old Arcade Upright Cabinet for MAME

Options
  • 19-05-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been rebuilding an old Cocktail Cabinet over last 2 weeks,
    should have it finished in another 2 weeks. I picked it up 3 years ago of a guy I knew who ran an arcade in Gaelthacht in Cork 20 Years ago.

It was in real old state, had to rip all the guts of it out and took 2 nites to do, but u be amazed how a bit of sandblasted, repainting, new glass top etc before it starts to look pretty good again.

I have Got Everything i Need excluding a PC which I might build myself yet if I cant find a old machine somewhere.

I must recommend Gremlin Solutions UK for the parts,
    Great support over the fone from Andy there.
    Should have all Parts for 2 Arcades tomorrow.
    www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk

2nd Project - UPRIGHT CAB

Anyways My question is, old cocktail Cab is great but same as big upright Cab, so I want to start a 2nd project for that ASAP.

Issue is I do not really have a big shed to start building the Cab,
    Which isnt that hard id say, so thinking it might be easier to get old one and refurbish it myself and convert for mame.

I dont Care if its just the Bare Wooden Cab with no monitor.

So thought it be worth asking if anyone mores anywhere I could get one in Ireland, i am based in Cork, so that be my preferred area.

Or is there any forums posters on here that has loads of Spare Cabs lying around that they dont need or time to work on, maybe I could get one of them or purchase it.

Advents.ie didnt have much going on tbh.

So my Goal is :
    Have a 2 Player Cab with 24-33 Inch Screen, Bigger the Better.
    I will Probably put full Street fighter Characters on Sides of the Cab,
    and have LED Chrome Arcade Buttons with workings Coin Door and Top Marquee with PC inside for Mame and nice setup of Speakers.

So if anyone has spare Cabs, please let me know,
    if have pics all the better, I can pass on my email address to anyone who might want it.

Thanks a million,
    Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Check on arcadeotaku.com

There's an arcade dealer on there (his name escapes me unfortunately and my firewall won't let me into the forum) who has a location in one of the Cork seasides. He might be able to help you find something.

Alternatively you may be better off importing from the UK. Guys on that forum are always selling stuff. There are much more imported japanese candy cabs over there, and the cost of getting it over here mightn't be too bad. I have a feeling there are alot of people importing antiques over here so you could use someone like that to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Hello,

i have a few cabs,I am based in Meath.If you cant find one local let me know.

Cheers Mitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

hi mitch,
    hope I am not tread spoiling here, what kind of cabs have you got at the mo?
    Am moving and have some extra room so thinking of adding to my collection (of 1 cab), I don't suppose you have a bar top or something compact or any pinball machines?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the Replies.
    I will keep looking on the Site.

I love to build an upright myself,
    but would like it to be pretty large Cab, but if I can find old one that needs gutting or one already in good nick but cheap I would mind either.

Reason Being I order load of Parts online during week
    Got Sticks, Coin Door, TrackBall, illuminated Buttons, etc...
    So would like to go ahead and build my own controller board,
    I also have a X-Arcade 2 Player with USB/PS2 which is pretty good also.

So would like to try make use of all that stuff.

Also Seen them new Street Fight 4 cabs and could be cool to make one like that.

But for time being looking for upright to see what i can do with it.
    Really like to have a good looking cab once finished with nice Marquee, Side Art and Control Board. Maybe even add Light Guns etc afterwards...
    really what to have it there at home and be proud it looks the Part.

Also not sure but can we post emails address on here,
    like if anyone wants to send on pics of machion they might have and how much?

Or is PM better for this?

But be all means keep suggestions coming if ye have any....
    Thanks a million all.

Advertisement