Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Extra Credit

• 19-05-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

A nice offer in these times.
    Was only thinking of moving to Meteor for the €50 extra credit, €120 makes it even better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

If I dip my feet in 3 and move back to Meteor am I excluded? I feel like testing 3 out and moving back if things don't work out.
    Is there a clause that limits the amount of time off network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Emerson wrote: »
    If I dip my feet in 3 and move back to Meteor am I excluded? I feel like testing 3 out and moving back if things don't work out.
    Is there a clause that limits the amount of time off network?

30 days. You need to leave meteor by the end of may. Wait 30 days and switch back before June 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

"The Credit Offer is available to new prepaid customers to the Meteor network who are Moving or ‘porting' their number from another Irish mobile telephony network between 18th May and the 30th June 2009, save for any who have previously left the Meteor network within thirty (30) days prior to porting ("Eligible Customers")."

Will other networks allow you to leave after being with them for 30 days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mccartj5

Shame doesn't apply to us loyal meteor customers who already top-up with E20 a month :(

mccartj5 wrote: »
    Shame doesn't apply to us loyal meteor customers who already top-up with E20 a month :(

Leave and come back. Decide for yourself if its worth the hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Can I have multiple numbers registered with meteor? I am already in the process of porting sims over to O2 :)

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Can I have multiple numbers registered with meteor? I am already in the process of porting sims over to O2 :)

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭dingbat

Echo that. I got shoved off one a month ago without being told that I couldn't return to my old "dirt cheap at evenings and weekends" plan.

"Why don't you give this new plan a try?" they said...

Silly me, I thought that "try" meant that I'd be able to go back to my old one. Did it bollix. "No, I'm afraid that's a VERY old plan and we can't put you back on it."

Not happy, not happy at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dingbat wrote: »
    Echo that. I got suckered off one a month ago...
    FYP. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dingbat wrote: »
    Echo that. I got shoved off one a month ago without being told that I couldn't return to my old "dirt cheap at evenings and weekends" plan.

"Why don't you give this new plan a try?" they said...

Silly me, I thought that "try" meant that I'd be able to go back to my old one. Did it bollix. "No, I'm afraid that's a VERY old plan and we can't put you back on it."

Not happy, not happy at all.
    if they did not make you aware that you could not revert to your original plan you should contact ComReg who should be able to sort this out for you! also i notice they are paying for this extra creit by cutting the current customers upgrade credit from €80 to €20, not happy at all about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I expect that this could be similar to the Tesco mobile thing, where you have to use the €20 top-up first before getting into the €20 free credit, and the free credit is gone if you haven't used it by the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭askU

I expect that this could be similar to the Tesco mobile thing, where you have to use the €20 top-up first before getting into the €20 free credit, and the free credit is gone if you haven't used it by the end of the month

same here!?!

Not mention of such conditions in the terms so your in the clear

My (first so far) experience with Tesco is that I am using the free top-up before the paid-for credit.... :D Maybe it'll change when I top up next time. :(

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No, they always use the free top up first. The free top up only lasts for 30 days.

^ That's good news. One downside with Tesco is that there is a minimum charge of 20c (includes the first minute). After one minute it's supposed to be per second billing.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Can I echo this. Big diffance bewteen paying 13c per minute and 29c.

If you are on an old plan (With Meteor or 02) be careful about moving on the promise of an offer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement