Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freakin out!!

Options
  • 19-05-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

Is every1 freakin out now??!! It only seems like yesterday that I was laughing off the LC, telling my parents that it's sooo far away and now....It's 2 weeks...depressing!:eek::(
    Also, does ne1 know where I could find sample essays on the environment, racism, internet or recession in french??

Thanking you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

No I'm actually eerily calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

2 weeks is a long time when you think about it. You could get so much work done in that space of time. Use it wisely, plan out your work and you will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

ahhhh i havn't even started studying!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

anyone else the same?

please say yes!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i've just come out of the oblivion that it's 3 months away....
    now I'm out of that oblivion, I can't go back, so panic mode has set in.
    My room is now covered in various post-it's with biology definitions and laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ahhhh i havn't even started studying!!!!!!!eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

anyone else the same?

please say yes!!!!!

YESS!!!!!!!

havent done a tap!
    how many points you hopin for?

• Advertisement

mink_man wrote: »
    YESS!!!!!!!

havent done a tap!
    how many points you hopin for?

im hoping to get over 400 anyway.
    what about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

laura! wrote: »

anyone else the same?

please say yes!!!!!

yes and i need like 450!!!!!!!!!!! and like the OP i need that stuff on french!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

Sophsxxx wrote: »
    Is every1 freakin out now??!! It only seems like yesterday that I was laughing off the LC, telling my parents that it's sooo far away and now....It's 2 weeks...depressing!:eek::(
    Also, does ne1 know where I could find sample essays on the environment, racism, internet or recession in french??

Thanking you!!

You can get a lot done in two weeks! Just think, Its not two days you have to the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

And in twelve days well be telling you.."its suprising what you can get covered the night before the exam" so dont worry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

laura! wrote: »

anyone else the same?

please say yes!!!!!

i started today, 30 mins of biology.... I'm gonna properly start now though, i swear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Well I'm not really that stressed about it. Using my results from the mock and the subjects I did second mocks in I'm probably going to get about 420 points. The points for the course are 300 so even if it does go up I still will have points to spare.

My only concern at the moment is Business as it is not my best subject in the world. Hopefully some nice questions will come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

im hoping to get over 400 anyway.
    what about you?

i need around 300/350 but i want to do as best as i can cos my parents want me to do the best i can. the auld fellas always sayin you should do your best! im sayin i only need 300 points! ha

mink_man wrote: »
    i need around 300/350 but i want to do as best as i can cos my parents want me to do the best i can. the auld fellas always sayin you should do your best! im sayin i only need 300 points! ha

i need 300 too for my course. wel in or around that... i'm not too sure because its the first year my course is running. though thank god i dont need 500 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i keep switching between freaking out and an i dont care attitude.
    closer its getting the less im caring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

2 weeks is a very open time constraint.
    I suggest selecting 4 of your subjects (preferably honours) selecting areas that are guaranteed to come up and study them back to front between now and the exams.

For example, English... Macbeth. I don't understand why people don't just read the book right through again, watch the film (if possible) and do up VERY short notes and plans on past questions. Macbeth is 100% coming up, and is the difference between a fail and a c3 or a c3 and a high b!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

phasers wrote: »
    I am too. There's time for that to change yet I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

phasers wrote: »

Same here......
    Just want to get it over with now.... Get my life back!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

i keep switching between freaking out and an i dont care attitude.
    closer its getting the less im caring.

Ye I'm a bit like this. Only time I'm not worried tho is when I'm studyin :o:(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I just wish I could do it tomorrow to get it over and done with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Ugh,I'm completely screwed. Haven't started yet,and I can find an excuse no matter what! :eek:

I need a lot of points,too,so I'm seriously feeling the pressure.:rolleyes:

What subjects are ye all doing?:)

• Advertisement

Ugh,I'm completely screwed. Haven't started yet,and I can find an excuse no matter what! :eek:

irish, english, maths, french, geography, home ec, biology and religion.!!!!

i promised myself after graduation I'd start...so should be starting today....:confused:

hasn't really worked out well though so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mewmoo

Well I hope you all do really well, but do know that the LC is the most important set of exams you will ever do in your life. If you f*** them up then you will be regarded as a failure and dissapointment by all your family and friends for the rest of your life. You will be thrown full force to the pits of society and no one will ever talk to you again.

No presure.

maths, english, irish, french, history, economics and physics the bain of my life! tried to give it up and take up geo in april!

You do similar subjects to me, I do English,Irish,Maths,French,Physics,Chemistry and Economics. What levels do you do? :)

Ugh,I'm in the middle of what has been a 2 hour study break after 10 minutes of studying Irish :p

What is it now? 11 days? :'(

You do similar subjects to me, I do English,Irish,Maths,French,Physics,Chemistry and Economics. What levels do you do? :)

Ugh,I'm in the middle of what has been a 2 hour study break after 10 minutes of studying Irish :p

What is it now? 11 days? :'(

oh jesus i am scared!!! yep 11 days! all higher except maths and irish, i should have stuck with the higer irish but in an attempt to pull up my physics i dropped and now i am still proabably going to fail phyiscs! would hope for an A1/A2 in english economics and history! the rest are all a bit worrying!!! how bout you?

Me too :( I'm doing all honours,but I'm dreading maths,I really think I'll fail. I'm going for As in English,Economics and Chemistry,and I need high Bs in French,Physics and Irish. If I can do anything to help you with physics,don't hesitate to ask. There was only myself and one other in my class [the joys of an all girls school:rolleyes:] so I got the benefit of lots of individual attention :) What are you doing next year?

Me too :( I'm doing all honours,but I'm dreading maths,I really think I'll fail. I'm going for As in English,Economics and Chemistry,and I need high Bs in French,Physics and Irish. If I can do anything to help you with physics,don't hesitate to ask. There was only myself and one other in my class [the joys of an all girls school:rolleyes:] so I got the benefit of lots of individual attention :) What are you doing next year?
    oh thanks! i have only 2 in my history class! ah, what should i be focusing on in physics to gain max marks do you think? our teacher left in feb and came back from leave the day before we finished!!! ah corporate law in NUIG or if i dont get the points, economics, probably through arts, i love my economics! how bout you??

Do the experiments well,making sure you can draw the graph if applicable,and the procedure,apparatus,precautions and stuff :) if there is any laws/definitions associated with them,learn those,and maybe do some electricity or modern physics and you'll pass no bother. I'd say to learn things really well rather than trying to do everything,if you do all the experiments well you might be able to make a fairly good stab at any mechanics/heat/light questions too. You can honestly get an honour in it if you do that. Yeah,my chemistry teacher got pregnant and left at Christmas,my whole "get an A in chemistry" thing isn't going so smoothly :p

Oh,I want to do Law too ;D I want to do Law or Law and Political Science in TCD :) I love Economics too,it's one of the ones I'm really relaxed about,maybe because it's my last one :P

Do the experiments well,making sure you can draw the graph if applicable,and the procedure,apparatus,precautions and stuff :) if there is any laws/definitions associated with them,learn those,and maybe do some electricity or modern physics and you'll pass no bother. I'd say to learn things really well rather than trying to do everything,if you do all the experiments well you might be able to make a fairly good stab at any mechanics/heat/light questions too. You can honestly get an honour in it if you do that. Yeah,my chemistry teacher got pregnant and left at Christmas,my whole "get an A in chemistry" thing isn't going so smoothly :p

Oh,I want to do Law too ;D I want to do Law or Law and Political Science in TCD :) I love Economics too,it's one of the ones I'm really relaxed about,maybe because it's my last one :P
    yep i know i just love the way its just a case of understanding it and it makes sense!! i wish i did more businessy subjects! maths/physics aint my strongest!! if i end up doinf arts ill do legal sci and economics and politics in 1st yr! in 4th yr i can go into the last yr of the LLB so i can still be done in 4 yrs with a BA and a LLb! we will just hope for the best anyway! yep experiments and definitions i will try have learnt off and hope for the best, because i am not going to get it all done so focus on what i can! oh and the option too! particle physics for me, which you do???

• Advertisement

That's the beauty of physics alright :p Once it clicks, it seems really reasonable.

Aye,I'm the only one in my economics class who doesn't do business:rolleyes: My strengths are weird,though. Are you planning which economics questions you're going to answer? Sounds really good! Politics ftw. That would be awesome,do you want to be a solicitor or barrister or something else? Aye,the option should be an okay question. We did particle physics and half of the applied electricity,just for fun really. (we're kind of weird:p) Going to answer the particle physics one though. And I hope the electron/xrays etc comes up too!

Advertisement