Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting a bike?

• 19-05-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi all.

Myself and the partner were planning on going around Ireland on bikes starting next week. However terrible timing or what, but his bike wiring is fecked and his battery is being drained faster than it can be charged.

One option we're looking at is renting a bike for a few days, does anyone know anywhere that rents out bikes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

there is a place alright but I cant think of the name of the site at the moment though. Ill have an ould look around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

I came across this company's flyer in the tourist office in Dublin while getting some info for some friends. I have no experience of dealing with them but they're the only company I know of renting out bikes in Ireland. However, if you're flying or sailing into Dublin, they're not central - about 20 miles southwest of the city centre

http://www.motorental.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

IrishBike is another site offering rental.
    They have BMW 1200 GS and Honda Transalp 700
    might be worth a look
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Fionn wrote: »
    IrishBike is another site offering rental.
    They have BMW 1200 GS and Honda Transalp 700
    might be worth a look
    :)
    jesus. Their dear enough anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ceret

Yeah thanks for the suggestions lads. I found the first place alright, but can't find any others. Very limited options here. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

There is a place out in Naas but i cant remember the name of it. i think it might be the one posted above, Motorental.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ceret

Just an update. In the end we went to Motorcycle rental Ireland in the end. They're the crowd out in Naas. It was expensive, at €100 per day. And a €750 excess in case you drop it. But the people running it seem sound, and passionate about bikes. The bike was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

wouldn't mind a spin or their shadow or midnight star. Are they ok with provisionals or only full licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

I was lookin into renting bike in the states. And it cost a fortune. Bikes are cheaper than cars to buy, insurance is cheaper than cars, Tax is cheaper than cars, why is it dearer to rent a bike than a car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

paulieeye wrote: »
    I was lookin into renting bike in the states. And it cost a fortune. Bikes are cheaper than cars to buy, insurance is cheaper than cars, Tax is cheaper than cars, why is it dearer to rent a bike than a car?
    Smaller market? Supply and demand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Popeleo wrote: »
    I came across this company's flyer in the tourist office in Dublin while getting some info for some friends. I have no experience of dealing with them but they're the only company I know of renting out bikes in Ireland. However, if you're flying or sailing into Dublin, they're not central - about 20 miles southwest of the city centre

http://www.motorental.ie/

Absolutely cracking service from these guys! I rented a CBF600 from these guys with an insurance claim, absolutely brilliant.

Advertisement