Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ricardo (The Tiger) Arona

Options
  • 19-05-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone heard anything about Ricardo Arona of late??? I heard he was considering a return to the sport.

Don't think he's too hot on going to America but I would love to see him in the UFC...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not putting me alseep :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I read somehere he was going to abu dhabi grappling this yeah and was concentrating on that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Arona was good but I don't think he was greatly missed by anyone when he stopped fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Well he's one of the few to beat Wand in his prime and give Feador a run for his money, and not get KO'd in the first like most.

I think he's a great fighter and would love to see him back in the mix.

IMO he beat fedor in that match and I'm a bigger fan or fedor than arona

He had some serious leg kicks and good position control but lay and prayed too much

He also ran about with his chin out far too much.

On a good day he could take anyone in the top 5 in the LHW division

On a bad day he would put everyone to sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Agreed. But The Spider can have boring fights along with a lot of the rest of them.

The LHW at the moment in the UFC needs some spicing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Quick Q but it might be wrong info so please feel free to disregard. I hate being a rumourmonger but I seem to remember something about him not being able to travel to the US because of a criminal record? Am I right or wrong there it might have been for a grappling tournie.

did u read that on mmabay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I don't know where I read it because it was at least 2 years ago. In fact, I may even be wrong and be confusing him with someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

well speaking of rumours i heard he was training to be a professional surfer

• Advertisement

i heard he was training the tamal tigers in matters of peace and reconciliation.

Advertisement