Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any heard rumour that greystones travel has ceased trading

Options
  • 19-05-2009 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

i have heard a rumour that GREYSTONES TRAVEL has ceased trading and are supposed to have transferred its business over to Cassidy Travel in Dundrum. Does that mean that any holidays booked with them are safe or what

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Rumour is to be avoided, so I'm locking the thread for now.

IF it is true, as a licensed and bonded agent, holidays booked through them should be safe, or at the worst case, you would be refunded any monies paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Thread reopened.

Sign of the times, I guess. Combination of moneygeddon and the rise of internet bookings, most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Thread reopened.

Sign of the times, I guess. Combination of moneygeddon and the rise of internet bookings, most likely.

So you're confirming the rumor but not citing a source? Not saying it isn't true, just wondering what you heard. I thought they were planning to move premises soon, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if market trends caused them to shut down either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 thesis86

I work down that end of the town. it's true, it's gone. They'll be contacting all those with bookings, and Cassidy Travel in Dundrum will be handling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Mary D

I can confirm that the rumour is true. GT are ceasing to trade after 17 years business in Greystones. It's a very sad day as they were very very reliable and trustworthy. All bookings are being transferred to John Cassidy in Drumdrum and all holidays are safe as they are bonded so no one need worry. Another victim of our recession, I'm sure there will be plenty of other businesses following down the same path as no one seems to be able to survive. I think our country is bankrupt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement