Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call me Crazy

• 19-05-2009 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

I was woken last night by the security light being activated it shines directly in to my bedroom, got up to see what caused it and there was a small short legged animal dark fur and a black and white candy striped tail I through it might have been a young badger but when I check the wildlife book today they do not have long striped tails. anyone have any Idea? Raccoon? Lemur? :D it was startled by the light so it turned and disappeared fairly quickly did not get a look at the face. Maybe it will be back tonight.
    btw I live in a rural farming area not uncommon to see foxes, badgers, mink, etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 123oclock

Pine Martin maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What is the obsession here with Pine Martens?

Young Badgers do have the striped faces. (The Home page here http://www.badgerwatch.ie/ has some nice photos of cubs).
    I'd bet the house on it being a Badger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

"black and white candy striped tail " not face and badgers tails are black/grey with no white on them..I have no idea what is was unless you had a few beers and where looking at acat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Kaldorn wrote: »
    "black and white candy striped tail " not face and badgers tails are black/grey with no white on them..I have no idea what is was unless you had a few beers and where looking at acat

I wish:D, as I mentioned were I live we see and hear a lot of different animals and birds. Never see one like this before, could have been a polecat/ferret but have never seen one with a striped tail

Advertisement