Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I ported my O2 number to Meteor. Can I port back to O2, & then BACK to Meteor again??

• 19-05-2009 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I know that might seem like an odd question. I ported my O2 number to Meteor just a month ago. But they've now introduced that brilliant new "free €20/month" offer for people who port to Meteor, and I'm feeling a little bitter!

Can I port back to O2, and then re-port the same number to Meteor again so I can avail of the offer?
    Is this possible, and if so, anyone know of any constraints involved with doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Yes you canmove back to o2. Ring them on 1850601747 and tell them you want to move your 086 number back to 02. They should move you back and you'll use the 02 sim you had before moving to meteor. Then buy a brand new meteor sim and ring meteor and port back, I've done it before and it worked the way I wanted it to. At that time the offerwas something like move to meteor and keep your number, after 3 months on the network they gave me €50 extra credit along with my regular registration. Hopefully it'll work in the same respect to what you are thinking of doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think you need to leave 30 days before you switch back unless im picking this up wrong

The Credit Offer is available to new prepaid customers to the Meteor network who are Moving or ‘porting' their number from another Irish mobile telephony network between 18th May and the 30th June 2009, save for any who have previously left the Meteor network within thirty (30) days prior to porting ("Eligible Customers").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

eskimo wrote: »
    I know that might seem like an odd question. I ported my O2 number to Meteor just a month ago. But they've now introduced that brilliant new "free €20/month" offer for people who port to Meteor, and I'm feeling a little bitter!

Can I port back to O2, and then re-port the same number to Meteor again so I can avail of the offer?
    Is this possible, and if so, anyone know of any constraints involved with doing this?

your number has to be off the meteor network for at least 30 days to be eligible for the €120 credit. you would have to endure a month on O2, that would probably cost you about €120 with their rates :D so it may not be worth the hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Cheers guys!

Hmm the O2 price plan is only 1c/minute more expensive than the Meteor one. And at least with O2 my messages would deliver on time and my signal wouldn't be so bad. I used to be on O2 with the same phone and never had any of these problems.
    But they're only minor problems really.
    I'm trying to decide between going back on staying on O2 and being entirely problem-free, or going with Meteor and putting up with the little things in exhange for all the extra credit.
    I think I should go with the latter.
    Thanks for all the help and advice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It ends June 30 so you need to be porting to o2 by end of may at the very latests to allow 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Davy wrote: »
    It ends June 30 so you need to be porting to o2 by end of may at the very latests to allow 30 days.

Yup I'm gonna do it by the 28th of May. Only annoying thing is I have €15 credit left at the moment, and I definitely won't use that much in 8 days.

Advertisement