Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cbr250rr

• 19-05-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hey guys does anyone know where one of these for small enough money i only got a grand but i also have a 03 suzuki gn 125 i want to trade with:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Thanks gbx but im on them everyday my bike is even on it but no joy shifting her just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Sadly very had to find them at that price and more than likely if you do find one, there will be stuff wrong with it. That said 2 years ago while looking for one with the misses, we came across a number for 2 -3k and they all had damage or problems with starting/braking/clutching and so on.

Also they have all pretty much been dropped at one point in there life. So have someone who knows a bit go with you to take a look for damage to bearings and fork alignments.

Dont worry about fairings, as there is a host of replacements around. We put a full Tyga Performance MC22 kit on hers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭jmck87

sutty wrote: »
    Dont worry about fairings, as there is a host of replacements around. We put a full Tyga Performance MC22 kit on hers

Hey mate, how much was the tyga kit all in?

What colour you spray it? Or you find original decals somewhere?

Very interested in going tyga but ideally want to keep the original colour scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

tyga kit is the poodles noodles on em alright. One of the lads just left his cbr with full tyga go for fook all. He some tool.

• Advertisement

jmck87 wrote: »
    Hey mate, how much was the tyga kit all in?

What colour you spray it? Or you find original decals somewhere?

Very interested in going tyga but ideally want to keep the original colour scheme.

Cost about 600 with 200 shipping a year and a half ago. She then got it painted by the motorcycle paint shop. For 900... But it was not the best paint job, and is not lasting well for a bike thats only really used in the dry and kept indoors the past 10 months of that. Some pics attached

she a grand bike bud.

Aye, rock solid, only ever had to do oil and filter changes and a carb balance and 2 batterys.... the first one was not filled correctly and was a led acid, so it died every day in the cold. So replaced it with a gel type from mega bikes, not given a issue since.

Has gone around Ireland twice and used for a work commute for a good while since she got it...as well as me taking it from time to time to do my 70mile commute to work in Leixlip when I've warn the monster to bits :D:cool:. Never once really gave an issue other than that first battery finally packing it in on a drive down to her parents.

That said a new oil and filter change is needed and, she bust a fork seal on the right hand side on the Rev-up for DSI (still made it around the country and finished)and needs new tires :D Gotta love biking on a low budget.

Here's a before hand image, what you cant see is that Every fairing is broken and plastic welded. They started to brake again a year later, so decided to replace them. Still need to get the tyga can and some other little bits.

Cool bike man im going up to collect mine tomorrow i cant wait im so excited:D:D

• Advertisement

Congats, and remember, if its not been taxed in a while, you are not required to pay that. You just need to get a note from a garda station to say that you are a new owner of the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

nice :) bike :)

Cool bike man im going up to collect mine tomorrow i cant wait im so excited:D:D
    Nice one. Where ya going upto to collect her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've gotta say, the tyga kit do look nice, but I still prefer the original fairings!

Bryn wrote: »
    I've gotta say, the tyga kit do look nice, but I still prefer the original fairings!
    Id have to agree with ya there. The original fairings look meaner or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭D-Boy

Hey Sutty i see you most mornings on the way to work (I wont mention where) had a tyga kit on my bike loved it,tend to look a bit odd in photos but great in the flesh.
    Seany if your after a bike go to the UK and get a CBR/VFR/RVF 400 the prices people are askin for wrecked cbr250s are a joke theres one on biker.ie for 800 though

Oops not seany lookin

D-Boy wrote: »
    Hey Sutty i see you most mornings on the way to work (I wont mention where)

:confused:
    You sure its me? On a monster S4r, what be you on or in?

D-Boy wrote: »
    Seany if your after a bike go to the UK and get a CBR/VFR/RVF 400 the prices people are askin for wrecked cbr250s are a joke theres one on biker.ie for 800 though

Oops not seany lookin
    Ill stick with me gixxer 1000 for the time being bud thanks anyways lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

seanybiker wrote: »
    Id have to agree with ya there. The original fairings look meaner or something.

I've been off bikes for a few years due to going back to college. But thinking of getting a bit of a toy again once I get a job, and I definately wouldn't buy one with a tyga kit. I just love the original fairings. And for something designed 20 years ago, they don't look very dated at all (mc22 I mean, not the mc19)

they dont look dated at all bud. Great looking bikes. Some yokes to go too.

• Advertisement

Nice one. Where ya going upto to collect her?

Offaly seany and wasnt it raining when i got there!!still went for a test do shes some bus i must say immaculate bar a few small scuffs im well happy

Offaly seany and wasnt it raining when i got there!!still went for a test do shes some bus i must say immaculate bar a few small scuffs im well happy
    Ah deadly. Delighted for ya bud. Bit of a differance between the new one and yous last bike.

Ah deadly. Delighted for ya bud. Bit of a differance between the new one and yous last bike.

ye like you wouldnt believe:D:D:D:D

Advertisement