Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MoneyBookers VS PayPal

Options
  • 19-05-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    After 4/5 attempts (different customers/cards) to pay me through paypal failed, I want to see if there is any other way for me to accept a credit card payment from a customer. I've stumbled upon moneybookers, my brother uses it for poker but that's about it.

Has anyone used it for web payments and accepting payments from credit cards? Do customers need a moneybookers account in order to pay through it? Are there any other complications etc?

I basically want to be able to create a number of individually priced invoices/payment pages etc for certain amounts which I can send to customers, they pay with their credit card and it goes to me. I don't run an online shop, this will be for services only so no shop system necessary, just need a way to take cc payment.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I have not used moneybookers, nor do I know anyone who has so I can't offer any advice there.

I'm curious about the problems you experienced with PayPal though - if you elaborate on them I may be able to help you resolve them. PayPal is used worldwide daily I don't see why you should not be able to use it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the reply. Because I don't actually sell anything on the site (I request payment for items people want me to buy for them in Ikea), and each payment I receive will be unique, because I want to accept payment from people without them needing to register a paypal account, what I do is go to merchant tools and go to create a button for that specific sum, when the button code is given to me, I ignore it and click the email tab and just send this link to customers.

So far I haven't been able to receive payment off one customer, who lives in Ireland herself, but the cards she were using were her mothers who was over from the US, and has a US address. She tried 3 different US registered cards, no luck with any. Then today I had another customer, Irish with what I presume is an Irish registered card, she wasn't able either. She mentioned she had trouble with trying to pay with paypal before also.

I haven't got a clue myself why they mightn't be working

Just asked my brother to test a payment I sent him with his wirecard (which is a german issued virtual credit card) and it worked :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Hi Cormie,

It sounds like user error to me. Can you find out the exact problem each person is having i.e. is the transaction resulting in a decline message or are they having a problem before that? Maybe the way you are sending the link is causing a problem, although I doubt it. See if you can find out a little more about the error they get and we should be able to figure it out.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

if it's any help you can use sandbox.paypal.com for test payments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

cormie wrote: »
    what I do is go to merchant tools and go to create a button for that specific sum, when the button code is given to me, I ignore it and click the email tab and just send this link to customers.
    In the Personal tab on the PayPal you can request money, specify the customer's email and they'll get an email with a link back to PayPal where the amount requested is prefilled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement