Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I get this effect?

• 19-05-2009 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Ok before I start, this is NOT my photo, but was just browsing flickr and came across this

2263082159_671c7207c5.jpg

How do I achieve this lighting effect, more from an in camera point of view rather than post processing.

Do I need off camera flash?

Im looking to try a few portraits like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

looks like it was done either by a large softbox/umbrella or even window light. either way, the light source looks large.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

Its called low key lighting - if I'm not mistaken. If you google that I think you'll get more precise instructions than I could muster. Check on flickr too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Thanks a million I will give that a look up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Hopefully Fajitas will be along shortly with one of those cool lighting diagrams, but I'm guessing it's a large single soft light source directly to the right of the camera. If you look at the shadows they will give a good idea of where the light is.

Advertisement