Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RSA being painfully slow

• 19-05-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi there,

I applied for a test two weeks ago. I applied online the day after my brother sent his application by post.

Well my brother got a letter last week telling him that his application was received. And I got nothing. No letter. No email. Money was taken from my account that week but I'm going to need a bank statement to make sure that that it was the 75 euro fee that was taken. I didn't use my laser card for anything else.

I emailed rsa yesterday asking them did they receive my application and I didn't get a reply. I included my details such as my name and address as it appears on my learners permit, date of birth and driver number. I'm not even going to even try to phone them.

The rsa are being painfully slow, its frustrating. Just wondering is anybody else having problem with the rsa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I doubt you're the only one finding things slow with the RSA. I'd be patient, it's only been 2 weeks, although i am surprised your brother got his letter so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I applied for a test two weeks ago.....

........The rsa are being painfully slow, its frustrating
    2 weeks!!! God be with the days when 2 years was the norm! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

When I applied for my test online the only notification I received from the RSA was my test date. I received no notification that my application had been received. I'd say not to worry about it. If you haven't heard anything in about six weeks give them a ring, but otherwise, I don't think it is too big a deal.

I received my test date notification at about week twelve. This was an application sent in the beginning of November last, and received notification the middle or end of January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

Thanks for the replies. Read my emails just now and received an email today telling me that my application was received and that they have just sent me a letter in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Just a bit of a moan from me:

Applied in mid March for a saturday (only) test in Churchtown as I know someone who did this. Heard nothing. Have tried to contact them on three separate occasions, only to be ignored. Today I finally received a response saying that as the waiting times were at 10 weeks, they were cutting saturday tests, and when would I be able to do one during the week. Fine, but if this was the case, why couldn't they at least contact me to say this rather than taking my money then ignoring me.
    10 weeks seems to be the magical number for them. While I know it was far longer in the past (and really sympathise), I'm wondering why they can't make it a bit easier on people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mully

I applied online in mid Feb to Finglas ... I'm still waiting.
    15wks by my count. :mad:

They currently claim a 9wk wait.

http://www.drivingtest.ie/drivingtest/English%20DT%20Stats.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

join the club mully, i applied to churchtown in march, rang them this week and they said there still processing peaople who applied in feb so could be july before i get a date, on the rsa website its says an average wait is 12 weeks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Mully wrote: »
    I applied online in mid Feb to Finglas ... I'm still waiting.
    15wks by my count. :mad:

They currently claim a 9wk wait.

http://www.drivingtest.ie/drivingtest/English%20DT%20Stats.pdf

I wonder if the average waiting time has anything to do with their wanting people to take cancellations recently, thus pulling down the average time. Lies, damned lies and statistics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Boo bloody boo. I just got my motorcycle test date, 9 months waiting only for it to fall on the one week I'm away(didn't know I was going on holidays nearly a year ago). So now I have to wait another nine months for a new test.

I really feel sorry for you. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭reggiethefirst

Applied two weeks ago, got my letter the other day, test on 18th june. Always been quite lucky with the RSA. 6 weeks from application to test last time aswell.

Advertisement