Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 20MB incoming cable

Options
  • 19-05-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hi. Anyone know how NTL 20MB comes into the house? My house is wired for Sky and has a phone. Can it come in the phone line? or does it need another type of cable or something. I would like 20mb, but not if its overly messy or anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

You need to connected to chorus/ntl via cable mate. Its the only way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

arragh crap. all right. thanks man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Has anyone tried getting the cable in just for broadband? I like sky + hd, but Im hanging for 10MB internet as well. I have an eircom phone line, so I think I would save a bit changing the phone over and getting phone and internet in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

oxygen wrote: »
    arragh crap. all right. thanks man

In most cases its not messy at all.
    oxygen wrote: »
    Has anyone tried getting the cable in just for broadband? I like sky + hd, but Im hanging for 10MB internet as well. I have an eircom phone line, so I think I would save a bit changing the phone over and getting phone and internet in.

I havn't got Sky myself but have read on here before that sky+ will work over the upc phone line. Just checked there site and for the 10MB connection and phone its only €32 a month for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i have UPC cable 20mbps broabadnd and also use sky+ and it's working fine for me.

assuming UPC/NTL is in your area already you just get a box behind your telly not much bigger than the size of a normal plug socket.

if they are not in your area then i'm afraid you're out of luck.
    go to www.upc.ie and use their availability checker to put your phone number in and find out if you can get their broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

You could get the modem and router in a room which doesn't have sky
    and still use a tv without paying the 21.50 a month
    all you need is a splitter :) and it will cost you 48 a month for 20mb and analog tv :)

Advertisement