Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Idea: Irish Bank Customers group

Options
  • 19-05-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

OK this is just kite flying at the moment but I'm willing to put time and effort if others are too and feel its worthwhile.

Basically at the moment NAMA is been set up to deal with the large bad debts of Developers and many people fear that the developers may well get off lightly because they owe the banks so much.

So basically if you have a mortgage of say €400,000 on a house that is now worth under €300,000 and you have lost your job the banks will soon start coming down hard on you.

Or even more simple you have a credit card bill of €2,000 the bank demand payment and will go after you for it, while if you are a developer and owe 700 million well the bank will wait and sit for you to decide if you will pay them.

So I want to setup a group called Irish Bank Customers which will combine all the small bank customers to one group to try and give them some of the power that the developers enjoy to ensure that all the people of this state are treated the same whether they owe €1,000 or €1 billion.

What do people think?

Mods I have posted this in a few forums as I'm not sure where to post it please feel free to move or merge as you see fit.

Thanks,

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

By the way if you think its a good idea but don't want to post please just thank the post or pm me

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I don't think this is really the appropriate forum for this thread. This forum is for advice on banking products and services, and this doesn't fall into this category. I'll check and see if there is a suitable forum to move the thread into.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement