Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick your brains??

Options
  • 19-05-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Lads hope i'm in the right forum.

I have a 110volt autofeed makita screwgun. Plugged it in the other day and within seconds the lead was really hot to touch. Unplugged it straight away and a flash came from the plug. I opened up the plug and all wires were correctly installed (not touching each other or wired incorrectly).

The lead it was plugged in to was also fine. It had been working perfectly up to that time.

Any ideas as to what's the problem?

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i presume it was plugged into a traffo, maybe a short in the switch or the motor is jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did it get wet lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

It has been running off a diesel generator for the past few months - it is a large house we are working on and we have a couple of reels with a few leads off that. Nothing major ever going at once - maybe a plasterers mixing drill, my screwgun and occassionally a skilsaw all at the one time - the generator is large and can only be moved by forks.

It has never gotten wet. The house is completely dry and every day when i finished it went back into my van.

Pretty puzzled as to why it was fine one day and mad the next!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

It'a current that causes the heating effect, so your tool (pardon the expression) is drawing too much current. What else is coming off the generator is irrelevant. There is something jammed in it.

Advertisement