Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlecomer Community School

Options
  • 19-05-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Can anyone give me some feedback on this school, behaviour within the school etc. Was thinking of sending my son there next year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I went there, TBH I hated it. Pretty much do what ya want kinda school

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hasn't a wonderful reputation. Sending him into Carlow or Heywood would be better options imo if transport was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

mfitzy wrote: »
    Heywood
    NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MARKYAFC

NCW feen wrote: »
    Can anyone give me some feedback on this school, behaviour within the school etc. Was thinking of sending my son there next year.

Dont send him to Castlecomer what ever you do, im just finished there, lets just say its a drug infested school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

.... eh just finished my leaving cert this year in castlecomer cm! eh if you want my honest opinion, im not sorry to be finished. there is a problem i believe wit drugs, bullyin and the education quality isn't great (compaired to what i hear from friends about other schools which they attend). if your kid does not play hurling or has no intrest in it well then that will also cause problems.... the hurlers (which there is many) NEVER mix with those students who either play another sport or none at all!!!

But on the plus side Liz in the canteen always makes every1 welcome!!!
    Thanks for the great food Liz!!!!!!!!!!

PM me if you want more info ill be glad to help!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Depending on where abouts your living (ie. actually in Comer or near it) i would probably say you are better off sending him to one of the schools in the city. Kireans maybe.
    If your more over towards Ballyraggett you could do worse than sending him to Johnstown

Advertisement