Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big bags of stones...............

• 19-05-2009 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in carlow where I could get tonne bags of stone, hard core, sand etc etc?? doing a bit of work in the garden and need to be able to get these delivered. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Doyles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

There's a Doyle's in Tullow jake. Opposite Topaz (used to be statoil)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

no better place for it, doyles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

yeah? forgot all about them.... fair play lads:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

woodies woodies woodies theres no better buy in DIY :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

apparently connollys in bangelstown have a big sale on, try them plus they have free delivery to carlow

patrickc wrote: »
    apparently connollys in bangelstown have a big sale on, try them plus they have free delivery to carlow
    gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Just drop down the money on the counter and say take it or leave it. You'll get your stones.;)

Also would it not be cheaper to deal from a quarry? They will deliver and the cost will be cheaper because there is no middle man. If i was you i'd check out a quarry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

foundry wrote: »
    woodies woodies woodies theres no better buy in DIY :D

No better fella's either to leave you with an empty wallet very fast! :p

Try Dan Morrissey's, Roadstone, and I think the Arboretum on the Kilkenny Rd sell ton (bulk) bags of gravel, stone, sand etc. All those three would deliver! Check around first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

yeah was gonna say morrissey's you can go yourself and get a trailer filled or they'll deliver. particularily good prices on sand and hardcore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

They do charge extra fro small deliveries though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Is there a stoning?! "He only said Jehova!!!!!" :D

But yeah, Doyles is the job.

Don1 wrote: »
    Is there a stoning?! "He only said Jehova!!!!!" :D

But yeah, Doyles is the job.

quarry would be cheaper but i dont have a trailer and if the sand and stone are in the bags it would just be tidier rather than having a big pile for the kids to destroy themselves in..... thanks lads.

Although what with the local elections on i might save a few big stones for when the FF feckers come a knockin'.... good thinking Don1:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

The father in-law got a tonne bag of plastering sand delivered to his house from Dempsey's recently. They charged something like €45~€50 quid.(including Del etc)
    I then went out to the quarry on the Kilkenny road @ Powerstown dump and got another 1.24 tonnes into a trailer for only €15.

I would advise to borrow a trailer from someone and collect it yourself.

You could probably cover it down with plastic sheeting or something to keep the kids off .

Advertisement