Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why did a mod(Hobart)for horseracing.........

Options
  • 19-05-2009 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭

give Me an infraction as adverts.ie mod when all it says beside his name is he is a mod for horseracing? the PM below:

You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    Dear ynotdu,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: adverts.ie Rule Violation
    No need to call a user a mug. If you have an issue with a post/user please use the report post function.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60291089
    Quote:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Simply mis-click no doubt. There are different kinds of infractions and they're in a list.

I'm sure he just clicked the wrong option. Can happen to anyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

cheers for quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

ynotdu wrote: »
    give Me an infraction as adverts.ie mod when all it says beside his name is he is a mod for horseracing? the PM below:

You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    Dear ynotdu,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: adverts.ie Rule Violation
    No need to call a user a mug. If you have an issue with a post/user please use the report post function.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60291089
    Quote:

Yep, a mis-click on my part. Apologies ( for the mis-click, not the infraction).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have reversed the infraction as it was outside that Mods remit.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I have reversed the infraction as it was outside that Mods remit.

It was not outside my remit. The infraction was given in the Horse Racing forum for abusing another poster.

I would prefer if clarification was sought on these matters, rather than you just going ahead and undoing what I have done, without some sort of consultation.

• Advertisement

The thread is in the Gambling Forum.

The thread is in the Gambling Forum.

I moved it there, as the subject matter was closer to gambling than it was horse racing. He insulted a user on the Horse Racing forum. The post was also reported from the HR forum.

There is a redirect on the thread from HR to Gambling, and I also mentioned in the thread itself that it was moved from Horse Racing.

In that case, I will re infract.

In that case, I will re infract.

Cheers, and it is the case. Could I also ask that you drop me a PM of some sort in future if you have an issue with any infractions I give. I don't give that many, and I don't abuse the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

ok I guess calling ANYBODY a mug is not right.yes it was in the horseracing forum for reasons I explained in the post.
    although i should have refrained from replying like i did,if you read the answer given by the poster i aimed it at it was sarcastic and unnescessary reply to a simple question.
    anyways since I wouldnt like to be called a mug,I accept the infraction in the spirit it was given ie lets not abuse each other!
    also hope we(me included)dont lose our sense of humour that helps to give boards.ie its appeal:)

and Yous two stop squabbling or i will infract ya,s!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement