Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council Taking Estate in Charge

Options
  • 19-05-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,

I live in a mixed development in Balbriggan and have confirmation that the council will be taking estate in charge in July.

There is a management company in place in the estate. I understand that people in apartments will still have a need for said management company and they have a managing agent running it on residents behalf.

For house owners like myself though how do I go about releasing myself from a contract with agents to pay management fees, as when the council take over house owners should no longer have to pay these fees as council will be taking over lighting etc which are the only things I am currently paying management fees for so surely I will not have to pay two separate places for one service?

Have requested mems and arts from CRO and could not find much of use in them for my situation.

I could not find any info on this particular subject anywhere so any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Suzie

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

what are the council taking over?

You may still have to oay for refuse collection, liability insurance, upkeep of common areas etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lazyg

As far as I know, when the counsil takes over, it is only for road and utilities maintenance, any common areas, block insurance, waste disposal etc. will still be under the Mgmt Co.

Advertisement