Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panorama

• 19-05-2009 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks, I recently too a few shots at Rogerstown Estuary in Rush and using Panorama Suite joined them up and was happy with the result. However when I copied them to U.S.B key to get printed the machine would not recognise the image, it recognised all the others but not the panorama. Any advice on how I can do this would be appreciated.

Also is there a basic editing suite that would be suitable for Panoramas and some basic editing? Going on hols in 26days and 5 hours but who is counting?? So nothing that would break the bank

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

What was the file format the panorama was saved as? Best bet would be to save it as a .jpg for printing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Pretty sure thats what it is saved as. Would it matter the fact I shot them in jpeg?

Will check on Laptop tomorrow evening. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

LeoB wrote: »
    Also is there a basic editing suite that would be suitable for Panoramas and some basic editing?

Not for editing but these are free and stich panoramas together nicely;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

LeoB wrote: »
    Pretty sure thats what it is saved as. Would it matter the fact I shot them in jpeg?

Will check on Laptop tomorrow evening. Thanks

It really shouldn't matter what format they were shot in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

wonder if it was to do with size?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

I have found a similar problem like this when creating panoramic shots. I created some 180 degree panoramic shots, taken in RAW format and stitched together with Photoshop CS4. The resulting TIFF file was huge, something like 400MB! When I tried to view the picture through the normal picture viewer in Vista (and in XP), the image came up all corrupted. However if I looked at it in CS4 or Lightroom, it looked fine.

I think it's either a combination of file size and dimension of the picture, that some viewers can't handle.

Advertisement