Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Some Good Stuff in a Skip Today.

Options
  • 19-05-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭

I was cycling home towards Wellpark and I took a shortcut through the Liosban Ind Estate, there was a skip full of random crap from some production line down the end across from Beckman Coulter, old laser printers and wires and stuff, I had a root around and I found this, a workbench lamp like the kind a dentist would use with the big magnifying glass in the middle:

rmpi4s.png dwk60s.png 9xb2ds.png

Pretty sweet, always wanted one and I needed a new bedside lamp, it works perfectly with a clamp on the base for attaching it to things. It looks small in those pics but its massive, I have it beside my bed for reading and I can swing it over my desk for working on stuff, the light is perfect for reading, like nice soft daylight instead of harsh fluorescentness and only 22W. Went back with a flatmate afterwards and got loads of things like a HP laser printer, cd racks, double adapter, box of pencils, a bedside table, couple of swivel chairs and a small desk for his room.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Well done, congrats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Howya Boss. Any copper in it?
    Was it if from the Abbott Building? Shame all the good stuff these companies throw away. Sometimes they just won't store stuff. I got myself 2 very good work benches and a Filing Cabinet a few years back because like that they were been dumped. Keeping an eye out some of that nice chrome style metal racking at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Abbots the place alright, the big blue building, couldn't remember the name of it before. Nah no copper or anything really valuable, they even cut the plugs off a lot of the electronics, big sheets of plywood and MDF like they just tore down a load of cubicles and threw them in the skip though if that's any interest to you. Im just so happy with my lamp :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

Thargor wrote: »
    Im just so happy with my lamp :D

"I love lamp!" Nice one, one in the eye for you Mr Recession :D

Advertisement