Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small problem with my Canon 450D

• 19-05-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Hi
    i have a Canon 450D since November

The last week or so i have noticed that the viewfinder cup/pad thingy has become loose
    so much so that i have lost it on two occasions and only found it again by sheer luck once on a busy road :eek:

I was wondering has anyone else had this problem and if so do you have any solutions to put it right ?

There dose'nt appear to be anything broken
    Any ideas would be very welcome

Cheers guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I think they are all like that, i lost mine many a moon ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

From what I've read, gluing it back on is the best way forward and is pretty safe once you don't get it inside the actual viewfinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Yeah
    i was thinking about going down the glue road

becomes a bit of a dust trap then though :confused:

i seen last night in a photography mag you can buy them for less than a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I found the same lost one, replaced it and it got lost. So just gave up. i wouldnt bother replacing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Bit of blue tak should hold it on, its better then glue as you still can remove it. It holds the back of my phone on

• Advertisement

landyman wrote: »
    Bit of blue tak should hold it on, its better then glue as you still can remove it. It holds the back of my phone on
    Good thinking batman :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

glue glue glue glue glue glue glue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Tiny dab of silicone sealer.

Will be able to remove when required and all that's needed is another tiny dab to fix it back on again.

Tactical wrote: »
    Tiny dab of silicone sealer.

Will be able to remove when required and all that's needed is another tiny dab to fix it back on again.
    Thats a class idea
    Cheers

Advertisement