Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rissoles

• 19-05-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Are these only to be found in Wexford chippers, awful craving for them and they cannot be got anywhere in Dublin as far as im aware, tempted 2 drive home...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

they seem a bit like a cross between a spice burger and a potato pie from what i can recall of them (we used to hit the premier grill everytime we came back through rosslare) potato pies are another thing they dont have in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Tree wrote: »
    they seem a bit like a cross between a spice burger and a potato pie from what i can recall of them (we used to hit the premier grill everytime we came back through rosslare) potato pies are another thing they dont have in dublin.

they are potato and herbs, deep-fried, covered in batter of breadcrumbs... delightful....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

If you're lucky you can find them around Derry (and in Swansea, strangely).

irish_goat wrote: »
    If you're lucky you can find them around Derry (and in Swansea, strangely).

really, wexford, swansea and derry... how do u know that...

dats a bit odd...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Well I live near Derry so grew up getting them the odd time, only ever out of the butchers. On a night out in Swansea though I found a chippy selling them, lovely stuff.

• Advertisement

irish_goat wrote: »
    Well I live near Derry so grew up getting them the odd time, only ever out of the butchers. On a night out in Swansea though I found a chippy selling them, lovely stuff.

Have never seen dem in butchers, there in every chipper in Wexford, and they sell like mad, they are quality... dont know why they are not everywhere...

Lovely, dats a bit of a result, finding dem in swansea....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

any1 got a recipe for these I want to try them. sound like real beer food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My dad used to make rissoles but what's described here sounds different.
    He made them to use up leftover ham or bacon.

A mix was made up of mashed potato, onions, herbs, finely chopped ham or bacon and minced beef (not sure if he cooked the beef first or not).
    These were formed into patties and flour, egg and breadcrumbed.
    Fry in a pan until nicely browned and heated through.
    Yummy.

I've done a variation on these with finely cubed ham and cubed cheese without the beef.
    Mashed potato ham and melting cheese in breadcrumbs - can't go wrong!!!

so are they just like crouqettes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

rocknchef wrote: »
    so are they just like crouqettes?

I think it depend on who you ask.
    Ours were always more meaty than potatoey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Rissoles recipe from Delia, exactly as the beer revolu says. Great way to use up leftover meat and mash.

i have had them but from some of the other explanations upstairs i was a bit confused:confused:

Advertisement