Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Ikea kitchen worktop

Options
  • 19-05-2009 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Got my IKEA kitchen build. Last obstacle is the worktop.

Was thinking about getting router from friend and buy cheap-ish worktop jig on ebay.... Problem is that most jigs have inserts for 600, 616, 650 mm worktops.
    But Ikea are 620mm.... the ones that do 620 don't seem to ship to Ireland or don't tell you the shipping cost are are just too expensive.

Anyone with an idea to the rescue? Hire shops in Dublin or Dundalk, Or a kitchen fitter in Dundalk? No luck so far. Or anyone that wants to get rid of his jig?

Its a U-shaped kitchen so I need two joints.

Cheers
    WD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I haven't put much thought into this, so could be way off, but would clamping a 30mm bit of wood to the worktop and using a 650 bit work?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

I have been thinking that too. I' worried the guidance won't be spot on... and the cut messed up.

I have also thought about drilling a hole for 620mm into the jig, but again if that is not spot on....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Well what kind of shapes are we talking about here? I can't really picture what you want in my head, it's too late :P

Advertisement