Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question to a PI Moderator

Options
  • 19-05-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

Thaedyal,

when you said that I could repost my deleted post to the PI thread we discussed, but that you "would not advise it" was this a threat of a ban or was there some other hidden message in this?

regards,

Hobart.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You posted a link to a website none of us ever heard of.
    We discussed it in the PI mod forum and decided that we cannot allow linking to a site that is unheard of and has nothing to back it up.
    It's PI and we have to be very sure before advising people on topics such as this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You posted a link to a website none of us ever heard of.
    We discussed it in the PI mod forum and decided that we cannot allow linking to a site that is unheard of and has nothing to back it up.
    It's PI and we have to be very sure before advising people on topics such as this one.

I appreciate that Ber, but that does not answer the question I originally asked Thaedyal (both by PM and here).

As for the site, it was fairly self explanatory, and infact was not even ruinning at the time. It gave a link to a an email address with the message that you could submit your email address and it would inform you when the site would be up and running. It also gave reasons why the site was down.

I've asked most of this by PM to the mod concerned, and when I asked could I repost my posting, with the link edited out, she answered in a very oblique manner, when I asked for clarification, I was informed to take it to here, and hence this!

Am I to garner from your answer that there will be some sort of "approved" listings of websites that can only be referred to when offering advice?

Hobart wrote: »
    IAm I to garner from your answer that there will be some sort of "approved" listings of websites that can only be referred to when offering advice?

Can I ask, are you affiliated to that site in some way?

Can I ask, are you affiliated to that site in some way?

You can ask. The answer is no.

Then I have no idea why you have such an issue with this?

• Advertisement

Then I have no idea why you have such an issue with this?

Have you read my opening post, I don't really see why you are answering these questions, as it seems only the Mod that it was directed at can actually do that (unless she chooses to answer through you). My understanding, from a PM from Thaedydal, was that she was requesting access to this forum, to do precisely that?

I have all the PM's and I can publish them if you so wish.

My question(s) are twofold:

1) Thaedyal,

when you said that I could repost my deleted post to the PI thread we discussed, but that you "would not advise it" was this a threat of a ban or was there some other hidden message in this?

and

2) as I post on PI now and again, is there a list, or will there be some list provided of pre-approved sites that posters can link to to provide reference to and answer questions from posters, which was what I actually trying to do in the first place.

Advertisement