Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Phone with €50 top up in O2 stores

• 20-05-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Spotted this on the Talk2O2 Twitter feed - no details as of yet as to what the phone will be though - still seems like a good deal!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Keep us informed! Sounds a bit too good to be true ... although I guess it's the same as giving a phone with 50EUR free credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

The phone is a 2600 BTW

Can anyone share the full offer details and T&C please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

• Free to go is a new Pre pay Promotion, offering customers a Free Nokia 2600 handset when they purchase a €50 top up in O2 Retail Stores only.
    • The Promotion is available to new and existing O2 prepay customers in participating O2 Retail stores from Tuesday 19th of May until the 30th June 2009.
    • To avail of the featured handset you must request the free handset when purchasing a Top Up voucher of €50 in one payment from the participating O2 Retail outlet. This offer will only be advertised in O2 retail stores.
    • Your €50 Top up in one payment will contribute towards minimum top up requirements on the O2 Experience More or Plus prepay plans.
    • The Top up will only apply on the number that the prepay service was activated on and is not transferable to any other mobile number.
    • You will not be entitled to any Bonus Call Credit as part of this promotion. The Nokia 2600 has been selected as a special promotional pack for this offer only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not a bad offer if you just want a basic or spare phone to have plus you still have the use of the credit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Does the credit have to be applied to that account?

Is the phone locked?

Jonathan wrote: »
    Does the credit have to be applied to that account?
    The Top up will only apply on the number that the prepay service was activated on and is not transferable to any other mobile number.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Is the phone locked?

Some early o2 are not locked, but the 2600 are locked in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

If they're not locked then someone's in for a harder-than-usual slap :):)

long_b wrote: »
    If they're not locked then someone's in for a harder-than-usual slap :):)

Your also only allowed 2 of this offer. How they police it is another thing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Can you buy 2 x 20e and 10e

• Advertisement

Can you buy 2 x 20e and 10e

No you can not. €50 in one go.

From the T&C posted by Daryll above
    The Top up will only apply on the number that the prepay service was activated on and is not transferable to any other mobile number.

Can someone confirm that
    1. I can buy the credit and put it on ANY O2 prepay number?
    2. I can do what I like with the phone, it doesn't come with a SIM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Got one of these earlier. It's locked and the credit had to be applied to the number that came with the phone. You can port your number to o2 from another network and credit can be applied to that. If you already have an o2 number though the credit can't be applied to it. It must go onto the card that comes with the phone. In short a handy spare phone and got a really good number with mine:D

Right. What a load of sh!te then. It may be just me but I read this initially as "if you buy a 50EUR topup we'll give you a free phone". I knew it had to be too good to be true.

It's still a good deal I guess .. but not as great as I first thought :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

What about you just take the SIM out of the new phone and use it for your data ?
    So now it's nearly 50 days of data plus a new phone for 50 quid ?

Advertisement